Agnostic.com

10 0

Do you read you read books for your significant other?

My hosts are in their 80s,still very vibrant, active affectionately and strong. They have been married for 45 years since they both divorced their first marriage. Over the year,I have acknowledged the husband, wakes up at 4:00am and read a book,sometimes it sounds like a whole chapter to his wife,before they head to a hot tub outside at 6:00am,They do this daily before they start their daily morning prayer that starts at 7:00 am-800 am. Do you read a book or anything for your lovely partner too?

Humanlove 7 Feb 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My husband and I read to each other during trips and during the day when together, and continued this with our two kids, who quickly assumed their own reading turns by the time they were four and five.

When my daughter visited me here in Thailand for two months in 2016, we read the entire Harry Potter series aloud to each other. She had never read it before, and I had only recently discovered it after buying the first Harry Potter book at a book shop on Petang Island, Malaysia, during a four-day visit in 2014.

To me, this is #RelationshipGoals. I think reading to each other would be incredibly romantic. Obviously, not religious material. I would totally do it if my partner was down.

My ex gf still reads me the christian science daily lesson when I stay at her place. Don't bother me. goes in by one ear goes out by the other.

I am a poet with 6 books I have published, so this is standard procedure for me. Not the waking up early, or having any kind of daily ritual around the written word. Mine is either more spontaneous, or devious, depending on the necessary method of application required

I would if they would listen 🙂

Well that is an interesting routine to be sure. Two hours of reading, an hour in the hot tub before I'd have breakfast -- and approaching 90? My hat's off to 'em.

My wife and I are both avid readers and often finish the day reading to ourselves from our respective iPads for 30-60 minutes before we toss down. Once in awhile we'll share something interesting with the other. When one of us buys a book that interests the other, and it's loanable on the Kindle app, we've been known to loan something from our library to our partner so we don't pay for it twice.

My wife favors a more escapist fiction-heavy menu, I am more evenly divided between fiction and non-fiction. But she is a writer and so her stuff is always of high quality. I on the other hand sometimes read truly pulp / hack sci-fi / fantasy as well as the better-rated stuff.

If I could, I would.

My recent ex wouldn't even let me read to her from books I'd actually written.

I don't read to my partner though we do encourage each other to read books that we have enjoyed. I also buy books for family members to read. I read for an hour a day and it is a significantly enjoyable part of my life.

Right now we both have multiple writing projects; we take turns reading to each other from our own work.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:25913
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.