Agnostic.com

7 0

What are your opinions on laveyan satanism ?

Hey everyone thanks for answering ! I myself am a proud laveyan satanist . And Incase you don’t know it’s athiesm . We only use the symbol of satan as a symbol that represents us . Satan represents the opposition of all religious beliefs . Opposite of religion is athiesm . Satan represents our rejection of all religious beliefs it represents living in reality rather then dependence on spiritual entities . It represents pride individualism not just following peoples ideas but thinking for ourselfs! It represents justice ( we believe in strongly that most criminals don’t receive proper punishment ) . Anton Lavey wanted us to enjoy ourselfs and indulge in life’s wonderful pleasures so long as no one is hurt or no laws are broken . Religion tells u this and that is wrong or bad ect when in reality most of these so called “sins” aren’t bad at all such as homosexuality . I could go on and on but just wondering what other atheist thought of the atheistic philosophy called laveyan satanism ? 🙂 thank u for answering

DavidDeLa89 6 Jan 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

do whatever you like, and i have no particular feelings about it, except for feeling sad that satan (a fictional character) has become something other than what he was written to be, for better or for worse (the bible being a rather jumbled, if occasionally interesting, work of fiction). satan is ha-satan, the prosecuting attorney for god, in the hebrew bible. he's neither good nor evil; he's just the prosecuting attorney. it's a title, not a name. his name never is given. there may even be more than one of him; the bible isn't clear about that. he most certainly is not anti-god or anti-religion. the whole fallen angel bit -- that's not IN the hebrew bible. since i have not read the christian one, i cannot say how he is portrayed there, but i know how he is portrayed by people who purport to get their ideas from the christian bible, and it represents a whole different being from that portrayed in the hebrew bible. so i think satanists who worship an evil satan have the wrong guy, and satanists who just think he represents antitheism have the wrong guy too. i mean... you can turn him into anything you want but that's not who he is, as written. so it's like fan fiction, and if you're not a fan, it's meaningless. you may as well worship captain kirk, and say he represents left-handed ghila monsters. it would be just as accurate. he'a a fictional character; he's not going to complain about it! (his creator could've, but he's dead now, isn't he? maybe his estate would balk. who knows?) but whatever turns you on.

g

I find Lavey interesting but too theatrical and with a few too many sexist undertones in his writing for my taste. I like the Satanic Temple; they seem a bit more genuine and less mystical. Laveyan and Luciferian satanism seem needlessly hung up on the prospect of magick.

Ya know I hear you on that one . The rituals and magic aspects of satanism are not required at all . I myself feel no need to use them . I am however interested in performing a destruction ritual and enjoying the exaperience and hopefully releasing some much needed hatred . As for does it actually work ? That issent important it’s basically a form of tharipy . But I can see why u don’t like it lol .

@DavidDeLa89 yeah Im sure it will help if channeled in the right direction, the power of ritual is more important than most skeptics wanna give it credit for. Its all just semantics to me, whether you go to a demolition derby or have a bonfire, or release tension through combat sports or beating the hell out of a set of drums is my personal favorite. Any way to blow off some steam could just as easily be considered a form of magic. Creation and destruction are both as close to real magic as anyone can get at least.

@Wurlitzer that’s exaxly what I am saying . Honestly I’d like to try before I knock it down but just as u said there are other ways to release pent up energy . Destruction ritual maybe completely unneccisary

Except for the belief in magic, I'm good with it.

Youd think they'd listen to you by now, fucksake.

@Wurlitzer One would think.

Ya personaly I see no reason for it either but no one ever said it was a requirement

I was so entirely done with anything like religion when I was done with religion? I'd much rather be a Humanist.

Or join the Freedom From Religion Foundation (FFRF.org) or the American Humanist Society - which has chapters in most major cities.

As much as I do get angry about the way we are treated - I'd rather pour my energy into what can be done. If that makes any sense.

I did not feel I'd find that when I researched laveyan satanism. So I left that idea behind me too.

I have read the Levayan Satanic Bible a long time ago, it helped me with my non belief in religion, I was 16 at the time. I want to read it again!

@classicalbob I don't believe in Satan, have you read the book? You don't know what you are talking about or trying to debate me with!

@classicalbob oh jeez! I don't believe in Satan, I read the book just like I read the Bible and by reading both helped me with my atheism. Why are you trying to argue with me for supposedly believing in something that I don't! You don't make any sense to me!

@classicalbob the philosophy of it, which is believe in yourself which is the basis of Satanism, which I have respect for, I have way more respect for a Satanist than I do for any Christian, just my opinion from my experiences. Nothing to argue about but to try and understand the difference.

@classicalbob No worries, too bad that we can't discuss this over a beer or two! I am not capitalizing any religion at all nor Satan! Reading the philosophy of Satanism to me made more sense than the Bible. I have read the Bible from front to back and no sense in it, it's a great story as fairy tales go but that is it. Satanism the basis of that "belief" if you want to call it that, are or is to just believe in yourself. Me being from what I remember being around 15- 16 years old, helped me with my non belief. Religion and belief's in any deity's are bullshit, in my opinion. I hope this helped you, I hope that next time instead of just accusing someone, the best way to approach is to ask questions to come to an understanding, you're lucky that it was me that you confronted, some of us here would of ate you up! We have some very strong characters in here that I have the utmost respect for!

@classicalbob because they are proper nouns

@MichelleGar1 Some of us would do exactly that. 😉

@classicalbob You're the one who trolled me! I just commented and you felt the need to attack me! Lol

@classicalbob Plus I already explained to you that I do not believe in Satan!

@Lucifer Thank you!

@classicalbob Why don't you tell us! I think that the word came from the Bible and I really don't see how this is relevant to this discussion, I thought that it was over with

@classicalbob Looks like you answered your own question,why are you continuing to bother me? I am tired and I have to wake up in a few hours for work! Good night

@MichelleGar1 My pleasure. Ironic that he mentioned grammar but has a hang up about proper nouns...

@MichelleGar1, @classicalbob This thread is saying far more about you than it is about Michelle.

@classicalbob I hear what you are saying, and I don't disagree necessarily. However, no one here, including the original poster is saying they believe in Satan. The polar opposite, in fact. Both @DavidDeLa89 and @MichelleGar1 clearly stated that they do not believe in Satan, and that implies that they don't believe in any gods either, ipso facto. In Michelle's case, repeatedly and emphatically. You are coming at this from an odd angle. And this is coming from someone named Lucifer, who freely admits she doesn't exist, if you are a fan of poetic irony...

@Antifred Shannon, please don't resort to calling people names, sweetie. Please edit your comment and choose more befitting words. Thank you.

@classicalbob dude if u read the satanic bible . They make it perfectly clear satan is just a mythical character just as Jesus is . Then why call it satanism then u ask ? They use satan as a SYMBOLIC symbol that represents pride free thinking rejection of religious beliefs ect . The reason why Anton lavey ( the creator of satanism) made the first official satanic religion is because of he didn’t someone else would’ve and that someone would prolly of been a idiot who actually thought satan was a real person or entity. So again Satan is just a symbol and a fictional character according to the satanic bible . Please educate yourself before u try as debate

I dabbled in it, in my youth.. was part of an online group for about a year..
The heavy narcissistic/psychotic elements turned me off of it, and the fact it seemed the huge majority of joiners never seemed to have actually read the book.. (ironically? The same thing i see happen with a lot of Christians).. and for one reason or another a LOT of joiners had hate in their heart.

What do u mean satanism has narcissistic/psychotic elements to it ??? As far as sayen they had hate in there hearts true to some extent . Satanist ustilize the philosophy differently . Some I thought were complete jackasses I agree . But just as in any group of peoples there are good people and annoying asses lol

@DavidDeLa89 "What do u mean "
It was a long time ago, to be honest i can't think of any actual quotes , i just remember thinking that the day i decided it was not for me anymore.. i would have to go thru and think/research the stuff again to fairly prove my point.. something im not interested in doing.. sorry.. consider my statement retracted ?

@hippydog lol ? fair enough

To each their own. Not something for me, but as long as it's something you enjoy, keep doing it!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:260169
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.