Agnostic.com

4 6

LINK Gov. Haslam grants executive clemency to inmate Cyntoia Brown | News | wsmv.com

NASHVILLE (WSMV) - Gov. Bill Haslam has announced his decision to grant executive clemency to Nashville inmate Cyntoia Brown.

Brown will be released on parole supervision on Aug. 7, 2019, after serving 15 years in prison.

Her parole supervision will continue until Aug. 7, 2029, which is when her sentence expires.

HippieChick58 9 Jan 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Parole supervision until 2029 ....... WTF?

Better than incarceration.

@HippieChick58 I agree but I would have thiught that time served would have come into play.

@patchoullijulie I know. It isn't justice, but it is an improvement. My heart aches for her.

@HippieChick58 Your right. If we are looking for justice we will be sadly disappointed. I can only imagine what this young lady must be dealing with apart from her incarceration.

It's about fucking time. Never should have served a single day, let alone 15 freaking years.

Finally!

This needed to happen. Wouldn’t have taken so long if it didn’t happen in such a backward state.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:260554
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.