Agnostic.com

41 7

What is your biggest fear?

My biggest fear since I stopped believing in hell is that when I die I'm gonna be fully aware of the darkness and isolation instead of it being like going to sleep.

LeftyWright 5 Feb 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

41 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My biggest fear is not being able to do the simple things, like reaching my ass to wipe it or seeing the pantry shelves to find the jar/can/box I want.

That's right at the top of my list as well Dick. If I cannot care for myself in even basic ways and end up completely dependent on others - it would drive me crazy.

Been there, done that. Not to worry. You will be no more aware of being dead then a stupid man is aware that he is stupid.

My dad has dementia and not aware of it

@Babyseal That is tough. Real tough. Tough on everyone around him. He is the only one not aware of it. 😟

@Babyseal My father also had dementia so I empathise.

@Tiffanny i empathise too. Have you any advice

@Babyseal Yes..When your Dad talks about something however irrational go along with it. They become very emotional and frustrated as no one understands what is going on in their head. My Dad loved to hear music it made him cry and he also watched films with my 9then 9 year old nephew it made him happy.

Losing one of my children. Anything else is Bullshit to me and I can handle Bullshit.

can't argue with that,

Being totally reliant on people. Ugh that could make my skin crawl just to think about. I’d rather be dead.

Same here Emerald

Lately, my fear is that it's just a matter of time before a shooter comes to my school and shoots my students and me.

Growing old alone.

I'd much rather grow older alone than be stuck with someone I can't get rid of.

@unclemike lol, but comparing my fear to someone's situation doesn't directly answer the question posted (imo)

I have a fear of heights, not completely irrational, I have balance issues and get vertigo, nothing scares me as much as heights.

I've had benign paroxysmal positional vertigo on and off for years. (Balance issues and vertigo.). You'd be off your rocker if you weren't afraid of heights! I have trouble with flat floors some days!

Stairwells are not my friends.

Cats are not afraid of heights.

Just saying.

I used to have fear of heights... still not fascinated by it but while in the Navy I volunteered to do the maintenance in the highest antennas in the highest masts. You climb, you are by yourself, at sea is tough because the boat is rocking but I always enjoyed isolation and I am a daring type of guy without being a today's type of idiot. I think helped me. But I understand the tension climbing. So I have to face my fear face to face. I still not getting any tattoo, I am afraid of needles.

Failing to reach level 7.

The continued rise of the right and where it might take us.

Also centipedes and the ghost in the library in Ghostbusters.

Jnei Level 8 Feb 19, 2018

My biggest fear is being onstage naked. It's not the naked part. It's the fear of becoming aroused when the script doesn't call for it. And vice versa.

I thought that was every man's nightmare?! It is a bitch to live with external sex organs, isn't it.

Well, I'm an actor, so it's a very real possibility.

I thought it was every man's Fantasy... ????

Having suffered a stroke , and seeing the devastating affects on some , it would be to be left paralysed , unable to speak and blind . I have seen this and it terrifies me as a thought .

Dying and my body not being found until it's decomposed

And surviving a nuclear event; drowning; extreme heights make my stomach flip

Being helpless and totally dependent on others.

Losing control of my body with a fully functioning mind and being unable to end it.

My only fear is being alone at the end of my long life. Because I know if I'm alone, mankind has failed me.

Biggest fear is not being able to make it to the bathroom.

I fear people.

Nyssi Level 3 Feb 19, 2018

Not being able to get at my stash of pills when it is finally time.

Total blindness

Never having a true love of my life. I'm 42 now and I feel like time is running out.

There's hope for you yet Copen. I was 52 before I found my life companion. That was 21 years ago.

Well now that I've read this, it is being fully aware of the isolation and darkness when I die

Being trapped in a confined space with no means of getting out . When I was a kid we used to go into the storm drains the large ones were easy but the small ones you had to crawl on your belly It's hard for me to even think about it .

I fear that something or someone will s!ow my growth and development as a human being, as I have allowed that to happen before. Have to remember to care about their burdens, but not to carry them as my own.

My biggest fear has been manifesting it's self for years already. It's that people will become so "open minded" that their brains fall out.

My greatest fear is pain and being run over by a motorist from.my back.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:26218
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.