Agnostic.com

32 3

So I got a 7 year old, Easter is coming up soon and he wants to know is Jesus really real and will he visit. I'm not sure how to give him an answere. They have been learning about Jesus and Easter at school :/

Kitty-kosmo85 4 Feb 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

32 comments (26 - 32)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Kids make their own choices based on information they get. There is a great book to help out. 'Christian mythology for kids: a secular family guide to modern christianity' by Christine Trooien. I read it to my daughter when my ex was turning into a devout christian. My daughter lives with her. She started thinking for herself and does not buy into stories of Jesus and miracles.

I tell my daughters the truth, Jesus was a man that was killed as some people beleaved he was the son of god and others did not but there is no prof ether way, and the ones that beleaved celebrate his life and the story of him rising from the dead.

Tell him, he's as real as Father Christmas, and leave it at that.

Bazz Level 1 Mar 3, 2018

Tell him the truth. Lies never help and we have to start breaking the cycle

Tell him the truth. Lies never help and we have to start breaking the cycle

you can celebrate Ostere -- Goddess of the Dawn -- that's were Easter came from. They still use the same calculation long before Jesus was born.

xyz123 Level 7 July 28, 2018

What did you eventually decide!? Need an update?

GinoG Level 4 Aug 5, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:26240
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.