Agnostic.com

30 13

Easter is on April Fool's Day this year.

What a weird year for the religious people. Ash Wednesday was on Valentine's Day. Has anyone prepared their Easter memes? I must start looking around again. I hope to see some around April.

Sarahroo29 8 Feb 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"I rose from the dead !!!" ...

"April Fools ! - only kidding ! "

Lol.

How fitting. Maybe some of my non-theist friends can come up with a prank for the local churches (even on my smallish, liberal island there are 3).

Your complete disregard for other peoples rights never ceases to disgust me. I may not agree with the religious, I even openly hate religion, but I don't consider degrading my self by pulling childish stunts.

You could hire an actor to dress as Jesus and walk into their Easter services.

@Levi_Hinton I appreciate the leavity.

@Levi_Hinton The comment was made in jest. Geez some have no sense of humor. Besides the whole idea is something to make everybody laugh.

@JimG I made a comment about favorite holidays that mentioned there is a group on island that specialize in April Fools day jokes. One day they built a VW sized realistic flying saucer and put it in the middle of our lake. I should talk to them about the combined holidays (maybe a giant Easter Egg).

@Levi_Hinton No, it wasn't meant for you. You got my comment. Sometimes I don't want to get into it with another but will comment to someone who understands my point.

One of the questions I had as a child was "Why did Jesus die on a different day every year?"

I never did get an answer that made enough sense for me to believe it.

Lol.

Saw the post 1) laughed out loud 2) checked my calendar. Do I have trust issues or thought I was in the jokes non-serious area? So many prants so much time. lol

Easter...April Fools Day. There's a difference? 😉
Just another holiday that the Christians assimilated from Pagan traditions.

Yep.

THIS is going to be fun!

Yeah, I am almost looking forward to a religious holiday... how weird.

@snytiger6 Me too.

It is the perfect day for it to fall on. Ah! Ah!Ah!

Ikr?

I remember a few years ago Easter was on 4/20

Lol.

Here is one:

Haha.

My father had a joke about April Fool's Day and Christmas. Average pregnancy is actually a week less than 9 months. So go back 9 months less a week from 12/25 and you'll land on 4/1. This was the day that whoever had sex with Mary told her that he was god. Or maybe she just shouted "OH god!"

Lol.

I hadn't even considered memes, but when a coworker mentioned that Easter is on April First, I had to laugh at the irony.

JimG Level 8 Feb 19, 2018

I will have memes prepared.

and Pentecost co opted pagan spring rituals.

Well, I am really looking forward to the Memes that come out for this.

I don't think religious persons will appreciate the irony.

Nope.

How fitting, maybe the Easter Bunny will be distributing uncooked eggs. hehe

Ew. Lol.

Perfect day.

Yes it is.

OMG! How cool is that. I just found out that Friday the 13th was on April Fools this year too. 😉

I noticed that too. I am going wear a hockey mask to Easter Service.

You're bad! rofl

@KingofHarts Lol.

BWAHAHHAH REALLY!??! 😀

Yes.

Jesus had a bad 3-day weekend for your sins.

Haha.

When I was a teacher our school had a long ten day Easter break. I used to say..."let's kill another savior and get another week off. heh heh Mostly said in the faculty room of course.

Ironic, isn't it. I'll bet the first Easter was on April Fool's Day.

Probably.

P.E.R.F.E.C.T.

Easter on April's Day? Sounds fitting

Yes.

Ha! April Fool's is my birthday. Now I'm really looking forward to it.

Haha. Good.

It's just another wasted holiday.

Yes.

Practical jokes possible by sneaking into a church, the mind boggles.

Lol.

The first Sunday, after the first full moon, after the vernal equinox. Good ol' science rears it's ugly head.

Lol.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:26276
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.