Agnostic.com

42 1

What do you believe in?

I've been asked by many people who believe in a higher power or a God what I believe in. I ask all of you, what do you believe in?

• 1 vote
  • 18 votes
  • 39 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 17 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 4 votes
Occgenius 5 Jan 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

42 comments (26 - 42)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Everything that I see around me.

If by believe you mean the acceptance that a statement is true, then I believe in many things, even seemingly contradictory things. And those beliefs can change based on changing circumstances or additional knowledge. So I guess I believe it is important to have an open mind.

I believe I'll have another drink

Have one for me...dry January grrrr

I believe in ME, and I believe in YOU. I believe in a round earth, the moon in the sky, a dog, a cat, a fish, a cow, the dirt, and my coffeepot. I believe in my interpretation of love.

In a sense, I have Humanist traits, because I believe that humans have the capability of doing good things when they apply themselves properly. I'm optimistic and prefer positivity.

I don't believe in anything, I either know things or I don't know them, things are true or they are not true, currently possible or currently impossible. Occasionally I will trust in my judgement or assessment of the trustworthiness or motives of another, but that is as close to belief as I will admit to.
I can speculate as to potential truths and facts, I can envision progress.
As words Belief and Faith have become too corrupted to be of use to the rational mind.

@Salvz Nothing like dualism, not sure where you are getting that from.

I believe the jelly I've put in the fridge will set and that a blancmange I make later will go on top of it. That's about as deep as my belief system goes 🙂

At this point, nothing

I will extend it to three things, since I don't really strongly believe in any of those that are listed above. I have come to believe that rational thought is better than supernatural belief. That evidence based knowledge is better than faith based knowledge. And, finally, that being a kind person will result in having a better life than being an unkind person. So maybe that narrows down to "Knowledge"...I believe in seeking knowledge.

The cycle of life, mother nature. When we are long gone the earth will cleanse it's self and life will continue without us. In the grand scheme of things, we humans are pretty insufficient.

I believe in cause and effect and the idea that morality is hard and being kind to others while also being kind to oneself is a high wire act. Hard is good easy is very often bad. I believe that action is better then words but words well used are the basis for positive sustained effective action. I believe the only truly sacred things are those that defy explanation and within that realm are better for the lack. I believe in loving everyone as the alternative is hate and the in between is lacking. I believe that fear IS the mind killer and moving through it is the only way. I believe in sarcasm and silly mocking humor. I believe we all secretly want to be adults when we are children and children when we are adults.

Quarm Level 6 Jan 12, 2019

I do quite well just believing in my own powers.. I know my limits and I am not afraid to ask for help when necessary.

You missed ‘science’ off the list.

Odd, that.

The perpetual motion of matter.

I don't do belief.

Nothing really

I base my beliefs primarily on my own life experience and define them with my own vocabulary. I am instantly skeptical of any source that tries to redefine our commonly observable reality.

The scientific method.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:263162
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.