Agnostic.com

29 8

Favourite Book Genre?

What's your favourite book genre, and why?
Personally I love reading Sci-Fi. I like other genres too, but Sci-Fi is my favourite. They're a great expression of the author's imagination. Some of the classics are a little dated now, but you can still admire the depth of though that went into creating a futuristic universe, and the technology and cultures that make it thrive.

AntonyCopeland 4 Feb 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments (26 - 29)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Crime fiction

Police proceddure/detective mystery - Michael Connelly or law/lawyer procedural mystery - Grisham.
Sci/fi
some fantasy
history

I like westerns. It is a genre that often doesn't get much respect, but it is a truly American genre and a wonderful vehicle for exploring the American Experience. Four books that won Pulitizer Prizes were books about Western themes - The Way West, The Travels of Jamie McPheeters, Angle of Repose, and Lonesome Dove. A.B. Guthrie and Larry McMurtry raised the Western novel to high literature. Wallace Stegner explored the Western perspective in his fiction and non-fiction. While I am not a fan of Louis L'Amour, I do enjoy Max Brand, Frank Gruber, and Cliff Farrell, among others. Recently, The Son, by Philipp Meyer, now developed into a miniseries, is another example of the rich storylines and characters that can be developed in Western-themed literature.

There are so many books to read in a variety of genres.
I like reading fantasy, history, historical fiction, political thrillers, to name a few.

Here recently I've been digging some Warhammer 40k sci-fi. I'm reading four different ones from that line of work.

Been trying to read bios on the Presidents of the U.S.

Been doing a little bit of reading in philosophy also. Reading a book based on the Meditations by Marcus Aurelius.

It's typical for me to be reading between 10 and 15 books at a time. I've tried to cut that down to under ten at time.

As to why do I like that genre? Well I don't think I truly answered your question. I cannot pick one genre as a favorite. Depends on what time in life the question is asked. But in all honesty, I have not cornered myself into favoring just one. Going to a bookstore or library or even my own bookshelves is like going to a buffet. I'm gonna try a little bit of everything! I like 'em all! 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:26503
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.