Agnostic.com

52 0

To the happily childfree: What were your reasons?

To those who have chosen to be childfree for life, what was/were your reason(s)? I am curious to know why other agnostics/atheists may decide not to have children. Please note, while I have included health related issues as options, I am really referring to people who do not wish to adopt children either. Please feel free to elaborate on your answer(s) in the comments. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this!

Note: This poll allows for multiple selections.

• 26 votes
  • 13 votes
  • 17 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 11 votes
  • 34 votes
DancesWithWorms 4 Feb 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

52 comments (51 - 52)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I didn't want kids, no doubt because I'm an androgyne and partial transmale and saw myself as male. I hated the idea of reproducing my ex so badly that once when I thought I was pregnant, I actually considered suicide.

But later, the subliminal messages in Johnson & Johnson ads of "Having a baby will make you happy!" got to me (I knew about it because our TV once froze on the subliminal message). I began thinking that having a baby would make me happy and got pregnant. It was a horrible pregnancy during which I was so sick I wished I was dead.
But I did have two kids, although I wondered later what I was thinking.

My kids are androgyne, like I am, and my daughter is also partial transmale. Neither of my kids seem to want children or marry, and my daughter breaks up with any men who hint about kids, or who proposes.

I work at a middle school and see how kids are every day if my life. Need I say more???

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:26523
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.