Agnostic.com

7 4

LINK Trump Orders Thousands Back to Work Without Pay to Blunt Shutdown Disruption

Adding insult to injury, you have to work but you won't get paid. What a freaking nice guy! Jeebus criminey, is this legal?

HippieChick58 9 Jan 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Trump isn't making America great. He making it unsafe for him and any other place he may go.

I saw a piece this morning showing the ripple effect in the towns and communities that have a large population of federal workers...Ogden, UT, home of the largest IRS facility in the USA...restaurants and other businesses are hurting because people have no money to spend...the towns are not collecting taxes...this is more than just the federal workers...it is the livelihoods of non-federal workers and businesses...how are those who had to take other jobs going to go to work and get money at the same time? So they have to work 2-3 jobs at the same time?

I hope they all remember this when it comes time to vote.

I have never heard of Ogden, NE. Do you mean Utah? I cannot imagine a IRS processing facility in anything but a large metropolitan area, and Nebraska does not have many of those.

@HippieChick58 yes..it was a typo...I am a cpa and send all of our forms there...just a brain fart...thanks

@thinktwice I was hoping I was missing a Nebraska town that was close by. I'd love to work for the IRS. I don't know that I'm qualified, but when you need a job....

@HippieChick58 uh, no...no you wouldn't...they have been underfunded for years, are the most hated government agency, and have a no care as long as I get paid attitude...nothing gets improved...it is a tough place to work unless you have a thick skin and don't give a shit...I know many people that work for that agency that are just complete burnouts waiting to retire...

It costs a lot of money to go to work. There is gas, maybe parking and tolls, daycare maybe, car repairs if needed. This is ridiculous, he has no idea what it is like to live a real life like most of us do. Yet so many were so eager to believe he understood their lives, I just don't get it.

Oh look! Slavery.

I thought the 13th Amendment abolished slavery.
Silly me.

Fuck 45.

Trump is an asshole but the man speaking in that interview is exactly correct.

@PalacinkyPDX Marty Schenker and he is telling it like it is.

In his world, yes. In his world slavery is still acceptable.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:266619
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.