Agnostic.com

4 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"If you’re very, very stupid, how can you possibly realize that you’re very, very stupid? You’d have to be relatively intelligent to realize how stupid you are.”

Hmmm, who do we know at an EXECUTIVE level like that?

Anyway, good article, and interesting comments below it. The Fernbach the writer refers to is Philip Fernbach, cognitive scientist and professor of marketing at the University of Colorado, who, along with Steven Sloman, professor of cognitive, linguistic, and psychological sciences at Brown University, wrote THE KNOWLEDGE ILLUSION: Why We Never Think Alone. I highly recommend it.

Typical of he most ignorant people and tyhose who are true believers in political and religious ideologies. They do not operate in the realm of reason.

I went to a Bday party last week and an old acquaintance and I got talking about a lot of things. We talked about the job market, education and then to science when he said he didn't agree with a lot of what science says. I think I pissed him off but couldn't help myself when I said that I didn't think science, scientists, or teachers of science really cared what he believed as they only care about what is provable by evidence. Our conversation went south after that. Oh well!

gearl Level 8 Jan 16, 2019

That sounds likes the majority of the religious fools in the world.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:267222
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.