Agnostic.com

37 3

How do you deal with disappointment in life?

EmeraldJewel 7 Feb 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

37 comments (26 - 37)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I go to places where I can observe nature. I do that with a walk, bike or automobile.

I write about whatever it is until l either figure out what to do about it or the feeling fades.

Sometimes l think writing has saved my life. Other times, I'm certain of it.

I always say I have no regrets but a ton of disappointments.

To me, regret is knowing to do the right thing and failing to. As I've been pretty true to the light I've had at any point in my life, I have no real regrets.

Disappointment, on the other hand, is doing the right thing and ending up with shit anyway.

That said, I'm with others here ... everyone has disappointments and if you don't "price them in" you're going to have a pretty unhappy life.

I see unhappiness as the mismatch between what you expect from life and what you get.

Reducing unhappiness then is a matter of either improving outcomes or lowering expectations. The latter is usually the more feasible of the two. And it leads to far fewer disappointments, as a bonus.

I now have either eliminated my positive expectations or turned them into negative expectations. Either way any actual good outcomes are a found blessing. Problem solved!

I reflect on the arbitrary nature of man, laugh hardily, and sigh deeply. I usually feel pretty good afterwards. If I'm ever stuck on something I'll read a book about it that challenges my views, and usually gain a new insight on this world.

With a cup of coffee. It's happened so often, might as well kick back and enjoy it...

I've had so many disappointments over the last 8 years I'm starting to give up. I really don't see a whole lot to look forward to and I'm finding I may not have the drive to do what I need to do to support myself. Not really sure what is going to happen and I'm starting to think I may have little control over it anyway. So why bother trying is my attitude.

I try to move on as quickly as possible.

Now I am just sad my boss talks to me the way she does now. She used to really like me. Idk what changed that so quickly in one day?

Disappointment is a part of life, I pick myself up, dust myself off, and learn from them. I also try not to have expectations, there's where disappointments are born.

Gohan Level 7 Feb 20, 2018

I don't. I downgrade the motherfucker.

I'm used to it but in a lot of ways, it pushes me even more. sometimes it knocks me for six two.

I generally think that sometimes things just don't go the way you'd like them to I don't Ponder on it much but move on.. Next time will be better

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:26747
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.