Agnostic.com

12 1

Netflix just announced the biggest price increase in the history of its streaming service. Will you change or pay?

[salon.com]

Wince and pay it? Not worth it anymore? Not a subscriber anyhow?

CallMeDave 8 Jan 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have no idea what I am paying now...so an increase will not mean much to me...I like it and watch a lot of the original stuff...cheaper than going out to the movies...and I can pause to do chores or the laundry...

They really don’t have a lot I want to see. I usually just sign up for a month or two every now and then.

Ive liked a lot of their orignal series. Ill pay it.

This increase is smaller than the last ($2 vs $3). I have been very happy with their service and the original content has been surprisingly good. I'll stick with it.

Zster Level 8 Jan 20, 2019

An extra $2 a month is not going to break the bank.

It's way cheaper than cable. So instead of paying $20 a month for both Netflix and Hulu, it will be $22. Sling tv might be just as low as both Netflix and Hulu.

I will pay. Their content is really good. I am currently not watching any broadcasted television weekly. But, there are 10ish netflix- created programs that I watch. Not being beholden to advertisers or time constraints, I believe that these programs are some of the best serial TV America has ever seen.

Compared to cable, it is still cheap

I don't think I'll wince much over $2 more a month. I don't pay for cable and we don't have much signal for the free stuff. We like to watch TV and it is still a good deal.

MsAl Level 8 Jan 20, 2019

Pay it. I’ve cut back on some of my DirecTV programming as our preferences have changed. The $2 isn’t that big a deal.

Still less expensive than $100+ for cable

I have not subscribed for years, nor do I plan to.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:269922
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.