Agnostic.com

15 1

Favorite cover?

Some songs are iconic as performed by a particular artist. What's your favorite cover of such a song that made you step back and see the song in a different light?

BeachChick66 6 Jan 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Bumping - just stumbled on Transit's a capella cover of Marc Broussard's "Home". Well worth a listen...

Zster Level 8 Jan 29, 2019

The Regrettes 'A Teenager In Love" (2018 punked up cover of the Dion & The Belmonts song)

Don Henley - Everybody Knows

Katerina Vaitsi covering Black Sabbath Children of the Sea. Check it out on YouTube.

Dynamite Hack. Boyz in the Hood. It may not be my favorite. But it's a good one.

Two great cover bands

The Sound of Silence by Disturbed! Nicely done.

i love this one too.

Best covers;
Hendrix -All along the watchtower
Elvis - Are you lonesome tonight (original by Al Jolson)
Etta James - You can leave your hat on
Roberta Flack - The first time ever I saw your face (original by Peggy Seeger and Ewan MacColl)

Pictures of Matchstick Men
Original: Status Quo
Cover: Ozzy Osbourne with Type O Negative

Damn you! Damn you all to hell!! Lol
Ummm seriously one of the worst questions to ask me but I’ll give you my top 4 at least
Guns and roses; live and let live ( originally by Paul McCartney and wings.

Metallica; Whiskey in the jar ( originally by thin Lizzy but I believed that it was by the dubliners for years
Once again Metallica; Stone cold crazy ( originally by queen
Johnny Cash; Hurt ( originally by Nine inch nails
And # 4 pretty much half of the Nirvana unplugged album for MTV

GNR has some really good cover songs. Live and Let Die, Knockin' on Heaven's Door, It's Alright

Love johnny cash hurt! ... And nirvana man who sold the world!!!

Thomas Vent - Freedom (by Bread) and
SRV - Little Wing (Hendrix's) - in case TV's = heavy sampling, rather than cover, per se:

Zster Level 8 Jan 20, 2019

I always reply blind. Guess I am not alone in that SRV choice! (:

Little wing by SRV?

Cmon Jimmie Hendrix doing bob Dylan's all along the watchtower

Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley

White zombies cover of kc and the sunshine band's song " I'm your boogie man" from some Homo sexual disco crap to some scary horror song Rob zombie inproved. Night and day.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:270217
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.