Agnostic.com

21 1

Is Netflix worth having?

I'm thinking about possibly subscribing.

• 32 votes
  • 12 votes
MacTavish 7 Jan 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There are some decent documentaries on Netflix as well.

There are a lot of great PBS and BBC shows on Netflix. Along with our super library there is actually too much quality stuff to watch so I get to be picky.

It depends on the shows you like. I love the Ozark, House of Cards, Grace and Frankie, all Netflix Originals.

I got the family plan, so everybody , whereever they live can watch Netflix on my dime. I hope it will keep them away from cable television and network TV

Oh there's always the option of "borrowing" someone's log in details

It's not bad, but there are so many free streaming options (Pluto Tv, Vudu, PBS, etc), they recently raised their prices, content is stale, and you can get an Amazon Prime membership for about the same, but with all the benefits of free shipping, music, and some free Kindle content. I will say that my daughter had it, and I did enjoy many shows on there...specifically Stranger Things S1 (season 2 was mehhh)

@maturin1919 Ehhh...maybe, but while I was staying with her (6 months) it was essentially the same stuff, with a few B and C rated movies thrown in from time to time. The best content on Netflix is their Originals - they do really good with many of these titles IMO. They did put on new offerings, but much wasn't that great of content. Putting in new content doesn't equate to new quality content (current or popular movies for example). I would argue Snakes On A Plane, or the new Ghostbusters reboot, are not top quality movies. LOL

Depends if you binge watch then you have nothing to watch for ages . Eek things out and it can be good providing you are into what they put up . The films are normally about 2-3 years old blockbusters that is. They are getting good with netflix originals . Stand up is pretty good aswell but they do show a lot of american comedians which can be area specific for the humour .

Really depends on what you want to watch. Some of their original programming and other items on streaming are good, and you can also have the option of adding a DVD rental that's not included on that, which other streaming services like Amazon Prime and Hulu don't offer. They offer different levels of services for different rates.

I have netflix and amazon prime. I had Sling access for awhile. Netflix is by far the best of the three. absolutely worth the monthly streaming only price.

I enjoy "Grace and Frankie" and "Stranger Things." There are a lot of stand up comedy specials, which are fun when I'm in the mood for that. It all depends on what you like.

Deb57 Level 8 Jan 23, 2019

Use someone elses account you can have 5 or so devices with one account on it. Make friends reap benefits.

I am a member and I like it.

My husband and I have Netflix and an Amazon Fire stick and that's it. I honestly don't care too much about either one, since I don't watch TV and only occasionally a movie, but he uses it daily. I'd much rather pay around $16 a month than the 100+ we were paying when we had satellite.

With Netflix, I once had a premium plan for: myself, my 2 sons, and my friend Josie (who passed away) and her daughter.

I didn't like it. For $16, it wasn't a bad deal. I saw a few movies I liked (mainly foreign movies). I just honestly didn't think that Netflix offered me what I wanted. I wouldn't get Netflix again if I had a choice.

Amazon fire stick for me. I mainly watch the Gaia Channel.

I also use Google Play for movies I want to watch.

I love it...old and new stuff...Supernatural...I am currently binge watching Heroes...

Loved Stranger Things...

My cost is about $8 a month...I can't even go to two movies for that...

I don't understand those saying they are slow to add new content. There are literally thousands of hours of content I am interested in watching on Netflix, but don't have the time. I have a student who binged whichever season of Supernatural was released over a weekend a couple of years ago. On Monday (three days later) he asked me if I liked it. I told him I watched two episodes. He said I must not like it because he watched all 24 or 26 or whatever it was. How do people have time to do that?

@Gwendolyn2018 Or sleeping, apparently.

I love Netflix but do not watch it that often. Due to the price increase I have now dropped the option of having a DVD mailed to me to make adjustments. I had not used that feature since 2011.

I canceled Netflix for hulu when hulu took at the good cartoons! I have a jailbrook fire stick and it's the best!

I have a Roku and Netflix looks the best on that device when hooked up HDMI. I stream more video all the time and also have Kodi with third party apps.

I have an antenna,(ABC,CBS,NBC,PBS,CBC, plus local low power stations) Amazon prime and Netflix. My internet is cheap but slow $25. (3Mbs) I like it but I could do without.Try the free trial ?

I enjoy it, but I don’t have cable and like being able to watch on my phone when work permits (it often does🙂

There is no contract just pay the $12 and check it out for a month.

MsAl Level 8 Jan 23, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:271869
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.