Agnostic.com

14 1

Companionship

Do you ever think that dogs make better companions than people?

soquel 6 Feb 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My favorite folks. They travel with me 2 hours each way from my work home to my β€œreal” home every weekend. The love me unconditionally, and are grateful for whatever time I can give them. How many people can you say that about after the kids are grown?

Well, DUH. Dogs love you no matter what, are always happy to see you, always up for anything, will cuddle as long as you like, etc.

On the other hand, if you want a dance partner, someone to go to the movies with, intellectual conversations, people are better. No reason why you can't have both, though.

For the most part, yes, but they will not replace a mate.

I love dogs and cats but they can't replace companionship with another person. My girlfriend passed away last year and I miss so much having someone to sleep next to, to tell about my day, just her touch. I'm sure a pet would help with loneliness but it can't replace the best parts of having a real companion

I have often said if I want a companion I want a two legged one not a four legged one. Dogs are tooo needy. I would prefer cats as I like an independence minded critter.

Dogs never learned how to lie or are terrible at it, so they are better companions than people.

as good as, I don't like many people, but I enjoy the company of my kids, and my pets.

Unquestionably!

I really shouldn't admit this but when my 2 daughters were younger, if I went away to a girls weekend. I missed my dog more than them. BUT, my dog wasn't as demanding as 5 and 7 year old girls.

I’m going to hell for sure! Lololol @Shelton

If you like doting and unquestioning obedience and affection.

Depends on exactly what you are seeking in a companion. Just remember bestiality is a crime in most areas, but to each their own.

LOL!!!!!! That was funny!!!! πŸ˜€

Yes. Yes, I do.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:27201
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.