Agnostic.com

41 4

Would you date/marry a Muslim?

EmeraldJewel 7 Feb 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

41 comments (26 - 41)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I wouldn't marry anyone.. ...

I would consider dating anyone who is faith-positive regardless which deity they pray to and if they're not hardcore. Beyond dating faithless only.

I've never dated anyone with religious beliefs before and am unwilling to give it a try at my age. I absolutely will not be marrying anyone.

No way. It is mandatory, not an option, to become a Muslim yourself if you marry one.

Date yes, but I've been married twice. A third time would seem excessive.

No! I wouldnt with anyone religious and in particular Muslims.

It would entirely depend on how religious/observant they were. I would say that of someone from any faith. And they would have to be acceptable of my agnosticm.

It depends.

There are many people out there who identify as muslim/christian/hindu or whatever that do not necessarily practice their religion.

Realistically, I would be unable to date a female muslim as she would already be betrothed to be married. If she was available to choose, then I would surmise that her faith was open to question and worth a look!

Of course.

lecoq Level 4 Feb 26, 2018

I have dated Muslims. A dear friend from college is gay, and a Muslim living in a country where being gay is much less tolerated than in the US. If I had the money, I'd marry him so he could move to the US. He'd like to move here, even though there's so much bigotry against Muslims.

A atheist friend living in a country where apostasy is a death sentence was raised Muslim. I'd marry him too to get him into the US.

NO.

Carin Level 8 Dec 29, 2018

My ex-boyfriend is Muslim. So, yeah. He's Palestinian. Tall, 6'4, tech guru, funny.... sigh

I kinda regret breaking his heart. He has not moved on since me. I was so good to him (as I try to be with anyone in my life). I feel bad. He was in love with me. If his ex-wife would have been a little more respectful, he and I might have been married by now. At the time, I was dealing with her and my ex-husband's b×tch. I was so overwhelmed and in the middle of so much negativity. It was too much. I had to escape.

The ex-husband's wife didn't like that he and I would talk because we have kids together, HELLO! My ex-boyfriend's b×tch didn't like that her kids liked me. I'm pretty f××king awesome with kids. They come FIRST above anyone! Too much at the same time.

For sure no. Not sure I’d even attempt a relationship with anyone who identified themself as a member of any religion. Jewish, maybe, if it was a cultural designation rather than a religious one.

No. They tend to be too conservative for my liking. Although I wouldn't date a jew or christian even! heh

His family would never allow it.

No. Nor would I date/marry a Christian or a Jew (unless they were an agnostic/atheist Jew)

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:27306
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.