Agnostic.com

5 2

Is it just me

When the hell did I get old. I am sitting at a bar and so many are older looking. lucky for me I don't look as old as I feel.

Mokvon 8 Jan 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm looking at 50 approaching very quickly...I'm not sure how that happened so fast.

fear of fifty is worse than fifty

@CallMeDave that's good to know

You aren't old. When is your birthday?

Tomorrow

@Mokvon Happy birthday. You are a bit older than me

Richard, you gotta get out of this funk you're in buddy!

Wow. You think. I am just looking for prospective

Age is in our minds. I don't think you're old because compared to me (age wise), you're not. I have always thought and acted younger than my actual age. When I was still working, I got along very well with colleagues in their 20's and 30's, even became friends outside of work. It helps that I have good genes, and have always looked younger but I'm afraid they aren't working as well as they use to. Lol. I often think young but my body is now telling me otherwise. But I can still dream! ?

"Age is in our minds" and "Age is just a number". I hear that all the time from young people.
I have lost my hair, lost my teeth, I require hearing aids, my eyesight is failing, my mind and memory is failing, my body looks terrible, I can't even run any more, I can no longer get an erection, (no hard cock, no fucking), just to name a few. Now tell me age is just a number or is in our minds.
Age is not the problem, it's the side affects/effects you have to deal with.

So positive. Yuck! You hippie.

@Mokvon ??? That's fucking right! ☮❤? (Peace, Love and Rock n Roll!)

I have to agree I hate motivational/inspirational sayings. I can't explain why I do not see myself as an "old" person though I don't particularly like the numbers. I'll be 59 in about 5 weeks and I know I'm seriously going to hate SIX-OH. But I'll still do whatever I want and be whatever I want. I don't know what I would do if aging depressed me.

I've been thinking about writing a book about aging but I have to finish the book I'm working on now first.

@jlynn37 It is my perspective... I am certainly no young person and I suffer some of the same "side effects" of aging as you. I feel the loss of things I can no longer do but guess what? There's not a damn thing I can do about it! Except... my attitude. I enjoy being around young people and put myself in that position as often as I can because it helps me keep that young attitude. So I rarely complain about aging because it could be a helluva lot worse... I might not be here at all.

@DeStijl Those sayings only motivate and inspire me to hate said sayings, with a passion! 🙂

@Sticks48 At least you're passionate about something! ?

@Sticks48 I have written about how motivational/inspirational sayings are counter-productive.

At least you should feel young by comparison?

I guys.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:273794
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.