Agnostic.com

15 2

What 3-8 traits do you value most in a potential lifetime partner?

For instance, do you value someone intellectual, silly, artistic, outdoorsy, humorous, serious, quiet, active, emotional, cool, casual, well-dressed, curious, animal-loving, fastidious, adventurous, cautious, homebodies, family-oriented, contented, independent, cuddly, kind, boisterous, playful etc.

I like outdoorsy, intellectual, humorous, playful, curious people of any gender.

birdingnut 8 Feb 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

intellectual, extrovert, nature-loving & -exploring, sensual, funny & integer folks turn me on.

1. Nice arse
  2. Intelligent
  3. GSOH (Come on it's a dating site as well)
  4. Nice arse (It's important!)
  5. Laughs at my jokes (See No3)
  6. Honest (Bullshit gets on my tits)
  7. Tits!
  8. She likes me (This should really be No1, everything else is negotiable)
  9. Someone who can count, I clearly can't!
  10. Doesn't live thousands of miles away 🙂

Honest. Sincere. Intelligent. With wide-ranging views and thoughts, so that she's fascinating.

Oh - and INCREDIBLE legs, of course.

Open-minded, honest, adventurous, kind and witty would be ideal.
Less important, but positives would be Cat-lover and Frugal. I'm not ever going to not have a cat so that's kind of needed and while I don't care how much money someone has I have friends that are constantly broke because they can't budget their income and it annoys me.

It's easier to list what I'm not. I'll put it in order you chose.
I'm not...
well-dressed (but have three suits) 🙂
fastidious, not a chance...well, if it's important. 😟
family-oriented, well, I remember some of their names.
independent? hell no - It has no meaning anyway
Isn't Birding on the list?
🙂
Gosh, you had me at "For instance"

LOL! I guess birding doesn't qualify as a character trait.
Besides, a real birder might compete with me, like what happened once when I went with a small birding group from the school where I was teaching in Saraburi, Thailand. The driver of the car was from Mayanmar, and when I got a photo in the jungle of a rare bird that he'd missed, he drove off without me!

@birdingnut 🙂 That must be the male prerogative

Intelligent, empathic, honest, responsible. Similar sense of humor. And shared belief in science/evidence over faith.

I value intellect, curiosity, strong spirit (being in a relationship with a submissive woman makes me feel guilty). Some manners and kind personallity definitely help too.

Emotional health and intelligence. They kind of override everything for me.

What attracted me to my life partner? My partner had a special gift. He was funny, outrageous, playful and could charm the stripes off a zebra. He could make anyone laugh, and he laughed and laughed and howled. He could make you smile no matter who you were, male, female, gay, straight, anything in between, any age, from babies to octogenarians, black, white, Asian, it didn't matter. He was a huge flirt. . He could walk into a room full of strangers and every one would know who he was before he left We could walk into the grocery store and every cashier, bag boy, shelf stocker, deli person, meat cutter, baker...would know him by name and he would know all there names and there faces would light up and they would be happy for a moment in there dreary work day. He could get a chuckle and a smile out of anybody. Always the life of the party. I was very introverted and shy when we met. He was what I needed to break me out of my shell and I was what he needed to keep him grounded and let him be himself without me getting jealous. He was completely relaxed when alone with me and didn't feel like he had to be on stage and perform. I was his safe place. Everyone saw his wacky, crazy, fun loving side. I also got to see his kind, gentle, humble, quiet side. Oh, and did I mention that he loved to cook, and we shared similar taste in music. Music is important to me.
Don't think everything was rosey. He could be obnoxious, loud, overbearing. He could be flirting with someones wife, husband, lover. Fights broke out sometimes. It was exciting though. Sometimes I would say, you are way out of line, drunk and its time to go home. If he put up a fuss, I
I would say fine, I'm leaving with or without you. We always left together. Fight on the way home but be fine by the time we got there. Like I said, I was his anchor.

It's got to be a million things...

Kindness and Honesty, without them, well,

Intelligent, kind, considerate, sensible, with a well-developed sense of humor (to put up with me), patient, understanding, and non-materialistic; off the top off my bean.

Intelligence is sexy. Passionate, open minded, kind, caring, sense of humor, poise,well-mannered, fun

Intellectually smart, with logic and common sense, a deep thinker and conversationalist, passionate, compassionate, warm, playful, understanding, patient, a true buddy, a good cuddler and smells good - and a lot more!

They just need to love me... without that rest is faulty.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:27382
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.