Agnostic.com

28 4

What do you like to do to relieve stress?

Besides sex and masturbation. 😛

I like making YouTube videos and listening to music.

VictoriaNotes 9 Nov 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I prefer to write. This effectively removes stresses and allows me to think.

Gohan Level 7 Jan 28, 2018

I prefer to talk a long walk or go hiking somewhere. Since stress is a natural part of life, nature in and of itself is a good remedy for stress.

Somehow the right piece of music comes along to relieve any tension. Weights and exercise also give relief.

Tantric beer consumption.

Without weed and yoga I wouldn’t be sober or sane.

I veg in front of the computer like I'm doing now. 🙂

Stress? What stress, I farm for a living if I stressed about things I would have been dead long ago.

Talking to my flowers relaxes me .

Stomping flower can be relaxing, too, I understand that it is very therapeutic.

I like a good massage.

And I'm off to get one right now. Bye.

Go and potter in my workshop, not doing anything in particular but just a bit of tidying up and perhaps repairing or cleaning a machine that needs it.

All of these are pretty good, I also like playing music and drawing. Taking in a nice view and bird watching are good stress relief too.

I like to draw landscapes Victoria, most often outback desert mountain scenes but also sometimes the temperate zones of Australia, coastal views and cities. For something completely different I also work on drawings inspired by trips to the Arctic and Antarctica, I'm fascinated by snow and we don't get a lot here. However sketching people can be a bit stressful, it can be quite a challenge to get a good likeness sometimes.

Your video would relieve stress for sure Victoria. Snow is very rare here in South Australia and doesn't stay on the ground long.

You can see some of my drawings here if you're interested

and here's one of my videos

Thank you Victoria, I've subbed to your YT too and will go back to look at the neurological videos. I was one of the snorkelers, it was an amazing experience having an orca swim by and look me in the eye, the on board orca expert said it can be a life changing experience and it was quite incredible to see the intelligence in their eye, they were just as interested in us as we were in them. I'm glad you love my bike video, that was emus that chased me, luckily I was going down hill! It was the fathers protecting their young, they're interesting animals, the females find a male then leave them to incubate the eggs and raise the chicks. Then the females go and find another male and do it again.

Thank you for complimenting me on my drawings, I spend a lot of time on them, I think it's ok to have more than one favourite.

Also thanks for starting this great discussion it's been interesting looking at all the responses. I'm not sure that I'm much of a pro, that might suggest I make a lot of money which I don't, I just spend a lot of time doing the things I enjoy, which is de-stressing.

I don't worry about if I'll be famous or not, I don't want to be thinking will this make me famous when I'm working, I don't want that sort of pressure, the most important thing is to make art that I think is good. However a little bit of fame might mean I don't have to look for other work and can spend more time drawing. It would be much better to have fame when I'm alive as I won't know about it if it happens while I'm dead!

You should try a better editing program sometime so your creativity is less limited, Pinnacle is good and easy to use. You can't it for less than $100. I still use it occasionally on my old PC but mostly use a professional program on a Mac now but it's not as easy to use as Pinnacle.

That's a funny video with the kangaroo giving chase, I couldn't see if there was a reason it went after them. Males can be quite dangerous sometimes but usually don't come after you if you just back away from them and leave them alone. 8)

Walk, Swim, Lift Weights, Get a massage.

BD66 Level 8 Nov 3, 2017

I like playing world of tanks and world of warships. Blowing other people up is a great stress reliever. I also like to read and occasionally turn on the TV mostly as background noise.

A weed smoker, I don't experience stress very often.
Imagine a 'smiley' here (don't know where to find them.)

I like to listen to music or read a book. I also will take my dog for a walk.

Pick up my guitar, sit at the piano, or fire up my bike for a nice cruise.

I like hiking in the desert with my camera.

I like to have all kinds of sex

Sit down with a big fat cigar and a bottle of scotch.

I Paint, Draw or Tattoo

It depends on my stress level, LOL. Sometimes it's reading/listening to a book... watching a funny movie (or a sad one if I need a cry)... but the one thing that works out my spikey aura the best is drawing. And I usually forget that it works the best, LOL. Like right now I've had the start of a graphite portrait on my easel for about a month... and not getting it finished is starting to stress me out. LOL

I am headed to my Deer stand about 2:30,that does it for me.

I Ride my motorcycle, Ride my spin bike, play with my dogs, go to accupuncture. Hang out with my good friends, eat good food and drink good beer.

Chess, art, gardening, travel, watching humorous films, meeting friends...... writing poems/stories/jokes......

Go for a hike, listen to music, meditate, teach my dog to howl, fantasize about boating around the world, and Jane Austen. Oh, and yoga.

Vipassana; several years after I finished reading Sam Harris's The End of Faith I decided to take a 10-day vipassana retreat/course. One of life's best decisions!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:2740
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.