Agnostic.com

12 1

What is it?

This paw print was spotted in my dads driveway. It looks significantly larger than a dogs. No human tracks were with it. My boot is a size 38.

Any guesses on what it’s from? I’m at a loss ?‍♀️

DaphneDarling 7 Jan 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A bear?

Big dog methinks

Cougar

My German Shepherd has a paw print about that big.

Do you happen to have any werewolves in your area ?

@DaphneDarling
those little buggers ! 🙂

@DaphneDarling To repurpose a Young Frankenstein quote:

"Wererabbit?"
"There: rabbit."

@DaphneDarling Haha, I think I saw that movie several years ago. ?

Can you show the length of tracks? You can tell more how the feet line up

@DaphneDarling cool

@DaphneDarling yeah doesn’t look like any cougar activity near you, but certainly have some wolves.

Ohhhh that’s a kitty track

BIG BOI!!!

I think I see claw marks though...

Depending on the area it could be a large wolf

Looks like the track of a very large dog.

This picture of cougar tracks next to a boot was on Google. Similar?

Edit: Very similar to my eye. I think cougar.

@DaphneDarling In that case, bobcat or coyote. Both have similar tracks, only smaller.
Maybe wolf, I suppose... I just took my best guess.

@DaphneDarling, with humans encroaching on natural habitats, and wolves having been taken off the endangered species list a while back, it’s not unthinkable.
??

@DaphneDarling there are cougars everywhere. That have a solid range and are very stealthy.
There are several I’ve Michigan.
It’s a cougar.

@DaphneDarling correct. People have been denying existence of cougars in Michigan for decades, but I’ve seen their tracks first hand. DNR finally snapped a photo off a trail cam last year.

@darthfaja I saw one outside our local park when I was working a security detail for the city 22 years ago. Rumors had been going around town for months about our cougar. It was possibly wild, or possibly a pet someone set loose when it got too big. The PD passed it off as "a big cat".

@darthfaja I thought you couldn't see claw marks with felines though?

Big Foot?

It's a dog just melted out a bit. you have any sun today?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:274726
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.