Agnostic.com

3 3

America's "Pope" Billy Graham, dead at 99. Here's a little trip down memory lane of just how loving this icon of American religious faith was. If you are gay or trans or care about anyone who is, this ought to anger you. And to think, over half of all American self-identified lgbt people still identify as Christian.

[queerty.com]

MikeInBatonRouge 8 Feb 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've seen him described as a philanthropist. He raised money in the name of charity and God, and ended up sitting on a $25m personal fortune (according to Google) as a result.

That isn't being a philanthropist. That's being a parasite. I feel much the same about anyone who takes a 6 or more figure salary from an organisation funded by donations from people earning a lot less.

I don't wish anyone dead. That just isn't in my nature. But I'm selective who I mourn for, and this guy won't be making the list.

Sad thing is another one will rise up to fill the void.

Worst of all, his son Franklin has all the same ideas but even angrier, more judgmental tone to his fire and brimstone pronouncements. And he is determined to carry on his father's deranged agenda.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:27495
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.