Agnostic.com

5 6

LINK Insane Things People Used To Believe About Women

This is a FB link, but fascinating info on crap that women had to put up with.

HippieChick58 9 Jan 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

some things i know some men believe about women:

1. i know one guy who thought/maybe still thinks women pee through their vaginas.
  2. women are too emotional to hold public office (actually i've heard a woman say this -- and that woman was, at the time, holding or running for public office!)
  3. women who have abortions are at increased risk for getting breast cancer or committing suicide (unfortunately, some states have actually legislated that doctors must tell these lies to women who are considering having abortions).
  4. women habitually lie about being sexually assaulted, implication inevitably being that women who report rapes are almost always lying.
  5. women who are raped cannot be impregnated from the rape (remember that guy who ran against claire mccaskill in missouri a couple elections ago? he said that! other men around the same time said pregnancy resulting from rape was god's will!)
  6. only attractive women get raped.
  7. men who are aggressive are powerful but women who are aggressive should smile more and are not likable (does anyone worry about whether men are likable?)
  8. women who use contraception to prevent their eggs from being fertilized are "killing babies" and contraception is the same thing as abortion.
  9. miscarriages are the same thing as abortion and women should be imprisoned for having miscarriages (some states have legislated various versions of this!)
  10. if you are a woman and a man asks you for sex and you decline, that means you are a lesbian.'
  11. feminism means hating men.
  12. lesbians hate men.
  13. women who do not have children are not complete women, are not fulfilled or are otherwise defective/deficient.
  14. women should not be hired for important jobs because they might get married and quit.
  15. there is such a thing as "what women want," as if all women want the same thing!

g

People believer a lot of weird things about women even today.

i like the giant spider idea. if men are going to be ignorant about women, at least let them be respectful and fearful. BETTER, though, they should be educated and give women the same respect they theoretically give men.

g

I had an ex-wife who could change into a bat, fly out at night to suck blood.

Things haven't changed much...as far as fundamentalist are concerned..

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:276917
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.