Agnostic.com

8 0

Upset for something it didnt turned well as what you expected.

What if something happened and it didn't turned well as what u are hoping for or at least even what you expected??

Boomtarat03 9 Jan 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Roll with it.

It has, it did, I dumped the asshat, never been happier!

there is no what if, and that's too general to answer. all sorts of thing don't turn out as well as expected. some are important and some are not. some can be shrugged off with an "oh well" and others require immediate and drastic action. there is no one answer suitable for all such situations. so i will make the situation specific: what if you saw a profile of someone who said she was an antitheist and a believer, believing in buddha and jesus, and ended her bio on a site for agnostics and atheists by saying "god bless"? what if?

g

@erlie03 i am not criticizing you for being a believer. i am criticizing you for saying you are a believer AND an antitheist. an antitheist is someone who not only does not believe but is actively AGAINST religion. you cannot be both. they are opposites. if you say you are both, you either do not know what you are saying or you are not telling the truth.

g

@erlie03 awfully defensive aren't we? okay, so you don't know what antitheist means and you think you do. i do not buy your explanation and i have neither done nor said anything foul. i'm telling it like i see it. turning it around and asking me if i'm happy in my life is a pathetic tactic.

g

@erlie03 saying god bless to an atheist is an insult. but you knew that, right? whatever.

g

Look at it as an experience instead of a disappointment or failure. Kind of a 'well, would you look at that'. kind of attitude. Or find it really funny. Both viable options.
Unless the outcome was straight up devastating, then it's all about life triage. Research, form plan, execute plan, tweak plan.

Happens all the time--so what do you mean by "what if?"

Carin Level 8 Jan 29, 2019

Things always explode in my face. It takes a sense of humour to survive life. 🙂

I learned it doesn't matter what I expect, shit's bound to happen. So, I just totally gave up on expecting anything and go with the flow. It's generally less stressful.

Same.

Keep my expectations of others low.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:277002
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.