Agnostic.com

3 1

Ok your funny former religious experiences.

My favorite was a Roman Catholic Mass done on a yearly basis for Father's Day.

There is a line about. "Father's be kind unto your children - lest they lose heart".

My parents had four kids - we'd all turn and stare at my Dad.... who would try not to smirk back.

Now... funny stories!

RavenCT 9 Feb 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My brother who like me has no religion married a Catholic woman in her church/chapel, it was very low key - no flowers no music etc. as it was 51 years ago and frowned upon as a 'mixed marriage'. Our side of the church were absolutely clueless about what was going on and constantly looking for clues from the other side My mother was hissing stand up! sit down ! Now! Kneel! I wanted ot laugh all the way through it was like a sketch from Monty Python

We refer to that as "Catholic Calisthenics".

I was raised Catholic too. I was about 10 years old, feeling quite ill... I puked my guts out in the isle during communion. Don't know why, but I always chuckle about it.

I can imagine some pandemonium!

@RavenCT - Oh, it was a shit show! I was a celebrity... or so I thought. 😉

Whaddaya know? A Bible verse that makes sense.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:27761
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.