Agnostic.com

7 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

wow that has to be a wake up call for us all - I find in increasingly anxiety producing to be getting older.

I sent the article to my oldest daughter. She spent some time in law school. She promised to hire a lawyer if I am ever legally kidnapped.

@HippieChick58 hey smart! glad of that! it truly was a terrifying read. I am already in sheltered accommodation & have enough money to last me

poor choice of doctors & other "helpful" professionals can do that to you, if you don't have progeny.

The South has a similar system called The Justice Network which is designed to shackle the poor and strip them of everything. A typical case: a young woman with a broken taillight paid, in the end, more than $7200.00 in penalties, interest, fines, and contempt of court charges. Typically, the judge's wife is hired as a consultant with the The Justice Network and her fee is a percentage of the fines levied by her husband, the judge.

trump isnt cleaning up this act either is he?

@jacpod No, but in my area, the voters are. The judges are losing their jobs and The Justice Network is going away. In a nearby city of 70,000 people, something like 75,000 warrants are being dismissed

How is this possible. I'm truly horrified. Those poor people.

What a horrifying story!

This is why we need strung advocates who be trustworthy friends with the elderly while being standing up for elders.

That is so incredibly appalling. The ease with which all those people lost their rights and everything they owned is criminal. Makes it even more important for us to keep on top of these things, so we don't end up suffering the same fate. I have to admit, I'm really freaked out after having read that.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:27794
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.