Agnostic.com

11 1

What do you think life would be like if religion and spirituality did not exist in our world??

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think the field of human knowledge would be much greater without religion in it's way.
And since religion is a pilar of tyranny, there would be less oppression, more sharing.

If religion could magically disappear it would shortly reappear. Humanity, on the whole, isn't ready to function without it yet. However ... I believe we are getting there (very slowly). I give fundamentalism another century to pass into fringe obscurity; perhaps a thousand years for religion generally.

Without religion there would still be art, sports and leisure, nature, etc. My guess is we'd enjoy it a lot more without religion ... and in fact pay way more attention to such things.

The movie, "The Invention of Lying" constructs a humorous, but thoughtful version of that world... until the main character (Ricky Gervais) experiments with lying for the first time in human history. Funny and insightful. Eight thumbs up!!

skado Level 9 Jan 31, 2019

People would find some other bullshit to fight over, only it might not be quiet so insane as an imaginary sky daddy

less war

lerlo Level 8 Jan 31, 2019

Much better me thinks

Economic injustice, tribalism, oppression of creativity messagenie, racism, homophobia. So, pretty much the same, at least as far as the elimination of religion is concerned. Spirituality on the other hand would offer much better results as long as it was constantly evolving and didn't regress into primitive practices such as worshiping trees, amulets, tarot, relics etc.

we'd be squabbling over something else.

g

It would be heaven. Oh! Wait! 😁

OHJim Level 5 Jan 31, 2019

Agnostic.com wouldn't exist

Something would replace it.. Weak people need lead, they’d find something or someone to follow. I’d like to think a respect and admiration of the pursuit of Science would prevail … but if there were money to be made and power to secure, the evil ones (often brain damaged Narcissists) among us would surely do as they’ve done..

I suppose, as sick and sorry as religion is, it would manifest itself in another way given a void? Better the demon we know than one we don’t..? Some of us will just die fighting for right, no matter who or what the oppressor ~

Varn Level 8 Jan 31, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:278399
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.