Agnostic.com

21 3

Hello, fellow heathens. I’m new here, and just trying to figure out the lay of the land. This site is a bit different, to be sure. Please let me know any tips that may be useful? Otherwise, just say hello... or not. Up to you.
Abby

2smart4gawd 4 Feb 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ask a question that you have an interest in, but every time you bring it up around people they bring it back to god. Then watch the magic happen as you get intelligent responses... it's honestly addicting.

welcome! Say whatever you want here, do whatever you want, and if that means running around the house totally naked while messaging, that's okay too!

Hi, Abby, welcome to the nut house. Feel free to kick back, put your feet up and add to the confusion. I'm kind of new here myself, but I'm taking a trip soon and won't be online for a couple of months. Keep lewellen, axe elf, sararoo, irrascible , rugglesby,atheist, and all my other friends here company while I'm gone. I hope to see a post or 2 from you before I grab my thumb and hitch hike south on monday. If I don't hear from ya before then.....Have a good one

Safe travels!

Safe travels and enjoy your trip.

Hi Abby! I think the value in this site is the common belief. How nice it would be to be able to find a true connection based on shared beliefs. I would hope for so many here that they would be able to find that person. Till then it is nice to have some conversations and stimulating discussions. Welcome!

Welcome Abby. wow, a sexy atheist. Forgive my cheeky welcome, I declared myself a pantheist at 14. We often call ourselves sexy atheists. I dropped the pan because I do not accept a creator as such, I know it is only terminology, I still consider the Earth sacred and the Universe divine.

Its so hard to stop using language like that, but it seems to make the religious people in my life think I am faking or confused or mad at god no matter how many times I state my position

Thank you for the compliment, Rugglesby, but I’m going with ‘Pan’ meaning ‘All’, because I tend to look at anything with a living force as being Devine. Life itself, if you will.

Hello Abby! There's no right or wrong way to use the site. Post and reply as you see fit.

Don't feel compelled to share anything you don't feel comfortable sharing. Nearly everyone is compassionate and nice, but all the same. It's up to you and no one else how to interact and how much you want to reveal.

I suggest you don't take whatever disagreements you stumble across too seriously, but do enjoy the interaction and the assurance that we non-religious folks sometimes need that we are not alone.

Have a great time!

Thanks, Erik!

Welcome Abby! As others have said, just participate. Dating seems to be a secondary function of the site. Everyone who lands here gets sucked into the wonderful community. You will too! =]

Yes, I noticed that. I kind of like how I don’t feel like a fresh piece of meat, just thrown to the carnivores. Looks like there’s plenty of diversions! Thanks 🙂

Welcome to our group. Interact with others and just enjoy being here

Best way to get familiar with the place is by jumping in. Vote when polls come up, comment when you see a thread that gets your attention.

As longs as you're not a spam bot or troll, you'll fit in great 😉

Hi!
You did the first best step..filling out your bio! Now, just jump into conversations that interest you, post some of your own, and interested people are likely to start PMing you. If you like what someone posts, click on their profile and you can read everything they've posted so far, or you can "follow" interesting people.

If someone starts annoying you, and refuses to back down, just go to their profile and block them. After that you'll not see their posts again, and they can't see yours.

Thank you for your input! I feel welcome already.

Hi, I'm new here within the past couple weeks. Not seeing it as a dating site for sure. Most people are too far away, and that's cool. But really enjoying these discussions with no jeezuz freak comments. A breath of fresh air.

Welcome to the site Abby. I will subtitle your name with: “the one with the fresh smile”. I can honestly say that you found a site where you can be true to your values and convictions. I, for one, like to say what I think and why I think that way, and I love a good intelligent exchange of arguments. And I am sure I am not the only one. That is how I learn and that is also how I can put to the test my own opinions. But the point is: here you can express yourself and you will get well thought out feedback and interesting conversation. There are some moles from the other side here but you can preet ignore them. Again, a warm welcome to you.

Thank you Rod! A warm welcome indeed. 🙂

????

Hey

Welcome to the community!

Nena Level 6 Feb 23, 2018

Hello, Abby. Welcome.

G'day from down under. 🙂

G’day, mate!

Welcome and I think you will find some interesting things to comment about and maybe have more questions of your own. Good luck with your mate search, at least you should find friendly exchanges here, (maybe a few discontent ones). No need to afford them extra energy, though!

Thanks for the heads up. I’ve been dealing with ignorant trolls on Fbook for a while now... I’m sure this place will be an improvement. If anyone gives me any guff, I’ll just ‘airlock’ their ass. (Stolen from Jim Wright)

@2smart4gawd pardon me, who is Jim and what's he doing with that 'airlock'?

@Nena - What she said. Great writer and social media commentary.

@ScienceBiker And it's been a while since I've licked an ear. Thanks! (I love learning something new Everyday!)

Hello, just get stuck in.

Hi Abby! Just chill as yourself.

Welcome to the asylum. Enjoy your stay!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:27851
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.