Agnostic.com

36 9

What is the most outlandish or improbable theory you've ever heard? It could be about anything, but since everyone on this site shares a similar mindset about religion, perhaps a theory on something else could be used. I'll start.

I've heard a lot of theories about the seeding of humans on earth, but the one I find most improbable is this:

Several years ago, someone posited that early humans were indigenous to another planet, a planet that already had a dominant species. Some members of this species thought humans were nothing more than annoying, destructive pests and wanted to eliminate them. Other members argued that humans were a sentient species and, therefore, deserved the right to evolve. The result of this debate was that humans were relocated (seeded) on Earth to continue their evolution. The members who defended them also came to Earth to observe their growth. These benefactors of the human race are.......Bigfoot! And they have telepathic abilities which enable them to escape detection by us humans. How's that for outlandish? 🙂

marga 7 Feb 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

36 comments (26 - 36)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

An asteroid killed off the dinosaurs. If that were so then how did alligators, crocodiles, sharks, turtles and birds survive it? Kind of like using circumstantial evidence to prove a crime isn't it?

When I was a young man I met a dotty old lady who thought that bad weather was caused by cars passing each other. They created tiny whirlpools which spiral upwards. I have since heard someone spout a similar theory but this was more specific, in that the northern hemisphere should drive on the left, southern on the right. The resulting whirlpools making the correct spiral directions.

I find all faith based religion quite pathetic but the Southcotians are very amusing. I do suggest you check them out.

That the Earth is suspended in the middle of another sphere, the sky that we see is its' inner surface.

That's a good one; never heard it before.

Thank you for this information. You have given me a new belief, I can feel the power of Bigfoot, my new GOD.

One of them is being able to choose whether to be shot or not or to get cancer or not @marga

this is true, but let it go already....

it's a very valid answer and very relevant

Einstein's theory of relatives.

Reincarnation

JohnQ Level 3 Feb 23, 2018

Life after death.

I have a theory of diminishing durability.

The more you pay for clothes the more likely they are to need dry cleaning, fall apart in the wash and be useless after being worn once....

*hypotheses. Apologies for my pedantry.

You are correct. I was merely using the words used by the ones who put forth these hypotheses.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:27853
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.