Agnostic.com

9 2

LINK Americans make up 5% of the world population. But we consume 80% of its opioid supply.

A little something to think about.
Are we honestly in so much pain physically vs those from other countries or are we in so much pain mentally that we just use anything to lessen it?

48thRonin 8 Feb 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So that's what is meant by "The American dream "

My sister- from- another- mister chopped the end of her index finger off in a work place accident. The doctors gave her Advil.
Then the government encouraged doctors to be less resistant to the management of pain. & the pendulum swung the other way.
We beat our kids then wonder why opioids are used to dull the trauma. We promise care for our veterans then renege on the promise, & opioids dull the psychological pain. We rape our women then blame them for the assault, as opioids dull the psychological pain. We reject our sons & daughters because they love their own gender. Then opioids dull the pain of that most primal rejection. Until we stop hurting our citizens we will have this problem.

Make our legislators outlaw lobbyists money and then you’ll see a real change but as long as politicians get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for giving speeches to those that either or their party helped then it’ll only get worse.

I have a question for any science or medical types. Is the use of synthetic opiates, which the U.S. and much of the world consumes, worse than actual opium based ones like India produces?

Yes because of their potency and how they’re designed to last but only short time period.

I’ve encountered some people who deal in both pills and actual heroine and they’ll ya that once they sell someone the pills the clock starts ticking on when they’ll see them again and it’s usually half the time that of a straight H user.

And they know that eventually they’ll be back asking for something stronger and that’s when they tell that H is it.

But now you have fentnyl being thrown in the mix and these guys either die from it or they take it like a champ so nothing else will do.

I know the US led invasion of Afghanistan opened up poppy fields that had previously shut down by the Taliban, but do you think that this was another motive for the invasion? Given US opioid epidemic (and the huge wealth established from drug trafficking), it makes me wonder. Cui bono?

Gotta remember back to 80’s when we pushed the Soviets out we were all about the war on drugs and Reagan embraced the taliban and they were actually keeping the production to a minimum for awhile.

But we made deals with the tribal warlords for their assistance we’d look the other way with their opium production. But no one in our government seems to want to acknowledge that there’s a correlation between our crisis and our being there so WTFE?

USA USA USA
We’re #1
We’re #1

Wait, what?

‘Murica!!! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

WINNING!!

It's partially a cultural thing. American doctors are trying to ensure you leave the hospital with zero pain. You expect to leave the hospital with zero pain. That's how it works. You go to the hospital to get fixed.

It's not that way in Europe, there is no rush to reach zero pain, so they can take different steps to manage pain (like the things goonies said) and not have to worry about bad Yelp reviews or whatever.

Eh my wife’s a nurse and for the past 2-3 years because of the epidemic that approach has been pulled back quite a bit.

But the issue was that these pain pills were cheaper than any other pain option and the insurance companies were also green lighting them but other treatments there was limited to no coverage so out of pocket for someone missing work wasn’t going to happen.

My biggest issue is with how quickly they developed narcan and the fact that there’s no mandatory retirement for the recipient to go through some form of rehab afterwards.

It’s like they figured how to save the consumer just enough to consume even more.?
Anyway that’s my take on it

Now that's a statement on our culture if I ever heard one. Lol

Darwinism should kick in here and flatten the curve a bit no?

It’s tried but we just adapt to quickly.
And by that I mean once the pharmaceutical companies figure out that their pills are killing us they create a counter medicine to keep you alive so that we will rinse and repeat the process and they make money coming and going. ???

we are users and wasters. we have been taught consumption all to well. consumerism.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:280450
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.