Agnostic.com

7 0

Favourite Films

What are your favourite films or film quotes.

jacpod 8 Feb 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My favourite is Tom Jones I read the book before I saw the film but it wasn't a spoiler as the film was so wacky the part i remember best is him looking straight up close, at us the audience and asking us "Did you see him steal my five hundred pound note?" But I don't think I have ever walked out of a cinema and have always loved the films except when I was going out with a projectionist who was into horror movies so free but awful.

What comes to my mind first (forgive me please) is a personal fav from a sitcom, rather than a movie.

Raymond says to his brother, "You know that little part of your brain that doesn't think things through....?"

His brother interrupts, "That's not the little part of YOUR brain!!"

I have so, so many. People woukd kill me if I posted them in a forum!

Zster Level 8 Feb 23, 2018

I used to be able to quote Princess Bride because it was my kids favorite movie. They could practically quote the whole thing. Now my fall back favorite is Shawshank Redemption.

My all time favorite film is the Truman Show. Even after all of these years and even after seeing so many amazing films, that one still takes the cake.

Favourite film quotes...

"The last thing I ate was a stoat"
"I think I have worked out what God is punishing us for. Everything."
Friend: You think about a thing before you touch it, am I right?
Whitehead: Is that not usual?
Friend: Not in Essex.
(all from A Field In England)

Man in photo: She is in love.
Nino Quincampoix: I don't even know her!
Man in photo: Oh, you know her.
Nino Quincampoix: Since when?
Man in photo: Since always.
Man in photo: In your dreams.
"These are hard times for dreamers."
"I am nobody's little weasel."
(all from Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain)

"This is a job for an Australian!"
(Delicatessen)

New Mother: Is it a boy or a girl?
Obstretrician: I think it's a bit early to start imposing roles on it, don't you?
"I used to work in the Académie Française / but it didn't do me any good at all. / And I once worked in the library in the Prado in Madrid / But it didn't teach me nothing I recall. / And the Library of Congress you would have thought would hold some key / but it didn't and neither did the Bodlean Library. / In The British Museum I hoped to find some clue / I worked there from nine till six / Read every volume through / But it didn't teach me nothing about life's mystery. / I just kept getting older, it got more difficult to see. / Till eventually me eyes went and me arthritis got bad. / So now I'm cleaning up in here but I can't be really sad. / Cause you see I feel that life's a game. / You sometimes win or lose. / And though I may be down right now at least I don't work for Jews."
(Monty Python's The Meaning Of Life)

"Ugly exteriors often conceal the purest souls."
(Jean de Florette)

These also happen to be some of my favourite films.

Jnei Level 8 Feb 23, 2018

THE THING
I don't know what it is but its weird and it's pissed off
you've got to be fucking kidding

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:28145
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.