Agnostic.com

15 10

Is it just me or is there some amazing women on this site?

I mean, introspective, open, funny and real. I don't think I see this in real life much or maybe I am just not looking?

Akfishlady 8 Feb 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes

jeffy Level 7 Feb 24, 2018

Both the men and the women on here are incredible. I don't think I've seen this type of community any place else. I get the feeling most people who are here understand what it's like to be an outsider so they really appreciate and hear other people who have their own point of view. I feel like I'm allowed to be myself here.

That's cuz ya ARE!!!!! 😀

My answer to the men pointing out there are amazing men here as well, and yes, I totally agree. What I do want to tell you is Women of a certain age are usually overlooked, diminished, and disregarded and frequently that is done by males. It is a fact we are in a white male dominated society. I've been told many times before that I need to hide my light under a barrel, stop being so smart or I'd scare away the boys/men The first time I remember hearing that was 1973, I was 15. Also what is beyond incredible (from my point of view) is that the women here are kind and supportive of other women. This is truly a community where women are building each other up. Guys, you don't even begin to know how unusual that is. And from the bottom of my heart I will tell you it is such a welcoming, caring, comforting, supportive community like none I have ever experienced. This is like Nirvana for me, or possibly Nerdvanna.

@Akfishlady all of it

My apologies, I did not intend to be divisive or defensive with my comment, it was strictly one of personal experience. I live in Kansas. I'm not into sports. I don't hunt or fish. Factor in God and the pickings are slim. It's a struggle for me to find male friends. Certainly ones I connect with at a very meaningful level. I have two daughters and two sons and I've tried/am trying to teach them they don't have to conform to any of the gender rolls that society wants to funnel them into. Two identify as bi, one as pan and the other is tbd. I've tried to teach them to be kind, compassionate, and to think critically while trying to be aware of what my choices, my actions communicate to them. My apologies for the word vomit. I understand completely why you would read my initial comment as yet another "but what about the men" plea. It was terse and readily open to a negative interpretation. But it wasn't my intent. I'm just grateful for this site and how connected I feel to most people here.

@Fearlessfreep i hope you don't feel like I was picking on you. Not ever my intention. I was striving for clarity and got kinda passionate. And on a personal note, I love how you speak of your kids. I could not ever imagine those words coming out of my ex's mouth or fingers. Totally two dimensional.I love this site and I'm glad you're here.

@HippeChick58 @Akfishlady. Not at all! My original comment was poorly stated, especially in this context. And you're right, there are amazing women here and if they felt they had a voice in their everyday life perhaps I could meet one "in the wild". I don't relate to many men unless they're fellow nerds. I just wanted to attempt to be clear. And thank you both for reaching out, but we're cool 🙂

Hell yeah! I'm continually impressed by the intelligence,talent and compassion I see the ladies on here exhibit. I do find it IRL though. Once you get past the conditioning to see one another as competition,women are amazing.

I'd say this is certainly true. I'd say you could replace "women" with "men" in your opening question and it would certainly be true.

Couldn't agree more. Just another reason I'm really digging this place! 🙂

I agree with that... !!

I agree, both men and women on this site are more insightful than average

Selection criterion: spends time online
baseline tech savvy; desires connection, information?

Selection criterion: dating site
proactive; takes matters into own hands; self-reflective?

Selection criterion: discussion site/message board
baseline intelligence; likes to read; likes to think?

Selection criterion: atheist/agnostic
mad intelligence; self-reflective

No surprises here.

There are some great people period

Also I think there are so many smart and like minded people we tend to inspire each other which helps us to shine brighter. This is what real life should be like.

indeed

They are amazing because they are Agnostic, A-theist, Skeptical, Secular Humanists. Oh, did I mention that they are beautiful too.

I'm going to add that religious people can be great people too. I know some deeply religious folks who are that way because that's what they know. Doesn't take away from their kindness,humor or intelligence. They're just different.

You're not biased, there are you?

Maybe you are, but I think overall, the membership here is superior.

Perhaps that's my bias showing.

JimG Level 8 Feb 23, 2018

It's just you. 😉

Because this is an agnostic website and studies show that agnostics statistically have higher IQs than the average population, you will naturally meet more intelligent women.

Be advised that studies also associate creative high IQ with androgyny..so many women here will also have mixed gender traits, and be more likely to be wanting/pursuing their own careers.

@Ride_Captain Exactly. High creativity/high IQ is also associated with mental issues such as depression, anxiety, etc.

The Debbie Downers are often being overwhelmed with different perspectives of the issues. Instead of just accepting the status quo, they know too much. Like, instead of mindlessly sucking down sodas, for instance, many see how the chemicals and sweeteners are harming people's health, etc.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:28214
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.