Agnostic.com

17 1

How many times have you moved in your life so far?

I've moved so many times in my life so far, I lost count. The big move was from Oregon to Colorado in 2007. I hope to stay where I am for a few years.

Sarahroo29 8 Feb 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Idk, 10? 12? Only once in the last 20 years, though.

Wow.

I couldn't even guess how many moves. But I have lived in Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, Illinois, Mississippi, Texas, Florida, California, Oregon, and Washington. If I move again it will be out of the country.

MarqG Level 5 Feb 25, 2018

Nice.

3 as a child, 15 as an adult.
And I'm about to move again. (loosing my job because of psychopaths catholics...)

Awe. I'm sorry to hear that.

May be this time I'll manage to stay here, next week will probably decide everything.

Moved twelve times, owned nine homes, looking to move again soon.

Dang.

7 times before I was 3, then not again till I was 16. 10 times since then and all within a 300 klm radius of where I was born.

oops, missed 3, so 13 times since I was 16.

Wow.

21 (Honestly, it took me a while to remember them all)... The place where I'm living now is the first house I've ever owned, and I've been here 11 years. I'm sick of moving, so I guess I'm staying put for a while...

Me too. No more moving for me.

3 I'm aware of and 6 before I was 3 years old.

Damn.

There was a time where my parents would move every two years, while I was in school. Once I got married, it was 8 years in two separate locations, then one year, then 9 months, then 4 years, then 3 years. I've been in my house for 2 years now and I don't plan on moving ever again.

Well, there are the big moves: Kalispel, Montana to Riverton, Wyoming, then back to Billings, Montana. Then to Seattle, Washington and from Seattle To New York. Those are the big moves. Inside each of those areas I've moved at least five or six times. I'm going to guess I've probably moved over thirty times in my life so far.

Damn.

Wow I forget sometimes how vast your country is. It has given me an idea for a post called " violent graffiti " writing it now.

Okay.

To date I think 34 times. Hopefully not again, we will see. I hate moving, I keep telling people the next time I will just shove everything into the center of the room and set it on fire. That would destroy the investment so it is not recommended. Also if one was actually going to do that why go to the effort of moving it anywhere? Just a sign of frustration as it is so much work.

I bet.

Also too many times to try to count them all.

Lol.

I counted. I may have missed some, but I came up with 35 moves in 4 countries and 20 cities.

Rushville to Pendleton Indiana
Pendleton to Ft Wayne.
Ft Wayne to Hagerstown
Hagerstown to San Angelo, TX
San Angelo to San Diego, CA
San Diego to 29 Palms
29 Palms to Sierra Vista, AZ
Back to 29 Palms
29 Palms to Joshua Tree
Joshua Tree to Hemet
Hemet to Dallas, TX
Dallas to Grand Prairie
Grand Prairie to Fort Worth.

I'm in process of moving to New Jersey now. I'm in an apartment in Morristown and our offer on a place in Sparta, NJ was accepted a couple hours ago.

Working on 14 times....

Wow.

We now have a new home in Sparta, NJ. Offer accepted yesterday.

To many. I despise moving!

Me too.

I'm up to 42 times. I've never had a driver's license expire with my correct address printed on it. Last time I got a new license, I got it in March and moved in the middle of June.

Good.

It's over fifty. Sometimes I think the purpose of human existance is to put things in boxes, drive them somewhere, and take them out of the boxes.

Damn!

Too many times to remember.

Okay.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:28385
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.