Agnostic.com

4 2

LINK Rules Are for Schmucks: More Democratic Cowardice - TheHumanist.com

FTA: Every little choice government makes in favor of the God industry serves to entrench it. Every little slight the government delivers to nonbelievers reminds us that we’re unwanted– except for our taxes, which are badly needed to help prop up shrinking religious communities.

zblaze 7 Feb 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My voice has been made heard regarding separation of church and state via Constitution and the reasons why this should be.

Democrats and Republicans are the same. Vote for the same things, work for the same businesses and get lots, and lots of money from them.

They are not the same, but that money thing is a BIG problem! If I thought for a single minute that they were the same, I would move outside the US!

@Freedompath In your opinion what is the difference?

@Jolanta they are more humane, would be at the top of my list! Any decision made without consideration of the human condition (not the religious indoctrination), is not a party that I would follow! I have studied the difference and I was once immersed with the conservative side and it does not support human beings, but an ideology in support of their religion. I don’t care to go into the different philosophies at the moment! I am looking at the big picture!

@Freedompath So I guess you would be familiar with the clip of Hillary where she boasts about getting a rapist off who had raped a young girl then. I would think the bigger picture when it comes to being humane would be to vote for Jill Stain.

@Jolanta I do not get my news from the same sources that you do. I do not have the time or energy to ‘break down’ on both sides the right or wrong doing...a person would need to be a computer which I am not! I am reporting from personal experience and an ‘over all view,’ from my own research.

@Freedompath So you know what sources I get my information and news from then. If you don't have the time or energy to 'break down" on both sides the right or wrong doing, then your research is not much to go by then. It only take a minute to google something someone has told you.

@Jolanta I don’t Google anything, never have! Not for news, I mean!

@Jolanta when I offer my opinion on something, then you can’t Google that.

@Freedompath There are plenty of independent news on google. Try Democracy now with Amy Goodman and then make an informed decision.

@Jolanta why have I become accountable to you? I read the news as It appears, as I do not have a TV, so I read all my news, and from many different sources! I do not understand why I must account to you? If this info is not enough to please you, I will block you. You have moved into the hateful zone as far as I am concerned!

@Freedompath I am sorry that you feel that way. I am just trying to help telling you that there are different ways to find what is happening in the world. If you want to block me then do so, but my intention is always to help.

@Jolanta this was not helping me in the least! It felt like bullying, We are free to take each other’s opinions with a grain of salt. And, if I didn’t feel like breaking down differences in our political parties, that should have been ok! That kind of thing, takes hours to assimilate in my mind, because I am not in the habit of using snippets of information to describe complex matters!

@Freedompath Take all the time in the world and have a lovely day. Take care.

But...we will keep our eye on the ‘ball!’ ‘Rome wasn’t built in a day,’ we will not be denied!

I'm not thrilled by this either but I suppose caving on removing words about an imaginary god could be explained by knowing that Trump and his GOP would end up calling the Dems "godless." If you are godless in America you are not going to win.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:286072
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.