Agnostic.com

6 0

I just got a phone call . . .

My phone rang just as I was walking by. I looked at the number first to see if I recognized it. I did. It was my own phone number. I was receiving a call from myself . . . (cue Twilight Zone music)

UpsideDownAgain 7 Feb 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sounds phishy to me.

I once got an email two months after a friend died. The widow wanted to see it but I immediately deleted it.

But did you answer it? ? and if you did what would you have to say to yourself?
So many questions so little time.

This is true. Probably a good thing no one was there when I answered.

But that brings up another question. If I call myself and then hang up right when I answer, what does that mean?

@Meili Iiiiii ugh ummm ? might have to try that myself to see

you still have a landline?

What's a landline?

Oh, I remember. Those phones that were connected to the wall....

I occasionally get calls from random people asking me "why did you call me?" So these conmen can, and do, spoof your name and number when they call other people too.

Interesting. I had a call show up from someone I had met once and put their number in my contacts list but then we never really got together. A couple years later they showed up as the caller but it was some "special offer" instead. I've never figured that one out.

Damn. So not my future self?

@Meili Nope, not even close. LOL

@KKGator Damn.

Oooooh did you answer? Maybe future you had the lottery numbers 😉

You bet I did. Apparently my future self hung up on me before I could get the lotto numbers.

@Meili noooooo

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:287012
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.