Agnostic.com

47 10

If you could have a dinner party with 4 people from history (whom are no longer alive) who would they be and why? Rock stars, scientists, politicians, sports stars anyone........

At the moment I choose Nelson Mandela, I would love to hear this man's story from his lips, and I am sure he has much wisdom to share. I had the honour one day of reaching out to him and he shook my hand, I looked into his eyes and he smiled at me, I could see his soul......

Michael Jackson, because I have never loved a man so much, I need to know how a man with such an amazing mind let things end so badly, how could he do that? I need to tell him that I believe him and I believe in him.....

Rosa Parks to teach me about courage...

Mark Twain because he is genius...
I could change my mind tomorrow,

Special mentions go to David Bowie.. just because I love him
Hitler, to ask wtf? But that may be a waste of energy.
Buddha to learn peace and wisdom.
Mohammad, I wonder how he sees Islam now, and how it has turned out.

Sacha 7 Feb 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

47 comments (26 - 47)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Tesla for four dinners....cuz I cheat.

Tesla's dance card is filled with this group.!

Hedy Lamar, Philo Farnsworth (name dropping, I am related, lol), Ben Franklin, Nicola Tesla, Ralph Waldo Emerson. Also my grandfathers whom I have no memory of.

I have entertained a similar question in my own mind. I call it "A Dinner Party for the Dearly Departed".

4 would hardly make a dinner party, so a couple more.

Bertrand Russell - philosophy.
Carl Sagan, Richard Feynman - science.
Dave Allen - humour, human observational genius.
David Niven (raconteur, dinner wit and charm) and Sharon Tate (Goddess, to be worshipped by me over dinner) and Frank Sinatra (Gotta have the Chairman of the Board)

Ohhhhh Frank! Got to have him there!

Nelson Mandela, Fidel Castro, Queen Boudica and John Lennon. I have a soft spot for freedom fighters.

Great question.
My four would be Amelia Earhart (I gotta know what happened), Lucretia Borgia (I think she's gotten a bad rap, and was probably incredibly interesting), George Carlin (because I adored his brain), and Thomas Jefferson (adored his brain, too).

Tesla to express my gratitude for Jacob's ladders and their effect on cheesy horror movies
Albrecht Durer
Dr John Lilly to discuss his study of language of dolphins and whales
Frank Zappa
Hendrix to play Little Wing in the background

I may ask Gore Vidal, but tell him Bill Buckley already accepted (not), Steve Allen as MC or referee, of course Sam Clemens, hoping Mark Twain would come along. Maybe Groucho, or Zeppo, then either Lenny Bruce with his date being Gloria Steinem or Marilyn Monroe and finally Jack Kennedy and guest.
A reunion of sorts, but I’d insist it be a weekend affair... in Havana, Cuber, n throw a couple more ladies in for class and balance.

Tomas Level 7 Feb 27, 2018

Great dinner party!!

I would have to say.....

Freddie Mercury, one of the greatest singers and songwriters of all time.
Kurt Cobain, he defined an entire generation.
Martin Luther KIng Jr, to discuss the racial divide, and how we could possibly keep progressing.
Thomas Hobbes, to discuss his ideals he represented in his many books.

Thomas Pane, George Carlin, Carl Sagan, and Christopher Hitchens.

4 of my Scottish ancestors because they were realists that earned their family name and knew what really mattered.

1. Ghengis Khan, so long as he was in full formal garb and [purely optional] and understandable;

2. Beethoven, because of his hearing problems;

3. My grandma, to swear in another language and to make her dinner rolls;

4. Thomas Jefferson, because we may need someone who can duel.

I suggest...

I'd choose William the Conquerer, Harold II, Edward the Confessor and Emma of Normandy. I would figure out just who offered the crown to whom in 1066 and what the Hell Harold was doing on that boat in 1064 and why the Battle if Hastings was so decisive when less than 3000 Normans took over a country of several million Anglo Saxons. Also I'd get their recipes for mead.

Jesus Christ - Just to hear him say, "They told you WHAT?!?!? Captain Kidd - So I can ask 'What the fuck is buried on Oak Island?' A former resident of Atlantis - Would love to know where is was and where it went. My Dad - I miss his wit and conversations and his love - so unconditional. next best Tesla - the energy questions concerning the electro magnetic field.

Sir Isaac Newton, Nikola Tesla, Frederick Douglas, albert einstein

Theodore Roosevelt because he is the idea of a frontier american in mind.

Bob Ross so he can help me learn to paint.

Joan of Arc post death so I could know her reaction.

Probably machiovelli so I can take over the world. JK

what about tea with Machiavelli , Sun Tsu and Genghis Khan?

Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra (Spain), Queen Victoria (England), Domingo F. Sarmiento (Argentina) and Juan Vucetich (Croatia / Argentina).

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, Ghandi, my grandmother, King Tut

Yes !

Who not whom

Sir Donald Bradman. A great cricketer but had questionable personality
Peter Lalor the leader in the Eureaka stokade
Mungo man the oldest found original Australian
Mae West I love her humour

Mark Twain
Leonardo DaVinci
Confucius
Miyamoto Musashi

MLK
JFK
Lincoln
James Madison

Marilyn Monroe, Josephine Baker, Facundo Cabral, Maria Magdalene... I just bumped out Che Guevara, because sooner or later I would have to tell him to stop lighting the damn cigar because the ladies are uncomfortable. A hollywood star, an entertainer, a folklore singer philosopher and the suspect of the original bakers dozen gangbang recipient. No time for revolutionary talk. This is a "small talk dinner", with nothing of consequence to be discuss other than small kisses and wine. When it start getting boring Facundo can take over and make everybody laugh. I noticed that they are all entertainers in some way... so I reckon on my dinner I want to be entertain and I want to know what was going on in the tent behind close doors while on a preaching tour. I will still be irreverent.

now I am going to have to look up Facundo Cabral

@btroje Argentinian folk singer. I saw him in the 70's in San Juan and in 2000's in DC. He was in many ways my mentor. My big brother, who taught me to love all women and fear nothing because fear was the last thing he needed to have it all. He became a legend in the spanish speaking world with one song he wrote... recorded in over 27 languages. (I am not from here, neither there). He became a citizen of the world, traveling and doing concerts... his concerts were a philosophy lecture about life and living. He was very anti american government policy in the latin america I grew up. And he is the best example there was no hate on him about americans... his wife was american... she and her daughter died in a plane crash to LA. He died himself after a concert the promoter gave him a ride to the airport and a murder attempt to the promoter claimed him as only victim. Him and his guitar, doing poetry on stage, telling jokes like... "eat grass... millions of cows can not be wrong". I included him to make sure I kept myself grounded in the dinner party.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:28729
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.