Agnostic.com

17 3

What caused your last breakup with a significant other?

Baby mama drama because my ex-boyfriend's children liked me. His ex-wife didn't like that.

The kids were starting to suffer due to her emotional outbursts. I couldn't watch anymore. I made my way out. I miss those babies.

Maybe she felt that she had lost everything to one woman?

She's the one who let him go years earlier. I have yet to understand why women like her won't allow someone they let go of to be happy with someone else?

SleeplessInTexas 8 Feb 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would get carpal tunnel syndrome if i typed it all 😉

They all wanted to get married and I didn't. I accept the blame and admit it is a form of selfishness I guess. ?

@Captain_Feelgood They were the ones being selfish, not you.

In short, problems with communication and sex.

my last partner i cared for the most out of any woman in my life. her father abused her mentally and physically so when i trusted her she sore it as me not caring and if a woman showed any interest she felt like it was something to do with me. the other possibly bigger thing was her younger daughter was a nightmare little cow but my hands were litterally tied. even she said if that daughter had of been her first she would be her only daughter. she has 2 daughters by the way.

Hydrocodone

I became ill for quite some time and once my long-term disability checks quit coming, he couldn't handle it. Also, because I was ill, I wasn't able to fulfill my wifely duties, so we drifted apart and we became resentful toward each other. He couldn't do for richer or poorer and in sickness and health, and I couldn't be the same person I was before I became ill. It was very heartbreaking really.

LizL Level 5 Feb 13, 2019

He realized he was gay, but he had grown up super religious and conservative and couldn't bring himself to tell me so he said all the things he knew would hurt me. A few years later he messaged me to apologize and said a lot of very nice things about how I had helped him realize he was worthy of love and it was ok to be himself. It was bittersweet.

Remi Level 7 Feb 13, 2019

He had amazing control issues. He fed my ego, but not my soul.

Brexit and my siblings support of it. My partner was french and they take offence real easy.

@goldenvalleyguy Feels more like my last

Her physical attacks on me got to the point where I could no longer safely sleep under the same roof as she did.

BD66 Level 8 Feb 13, 2019

Honestly? Sex. My ex-wife is an incredible and wonderful person. She also lives with a rage disorder that resulted in her physically attacking me a few times. She started taking medication for it and things improved. The side effect is that the drug disabled her pleasure centers in her brain. Sex became a four-times-a-year event. We tried for a few years, but it just didn't make sense to keep going.

We're still best friends, just have different needs. And if I'd known how it would have ended I'd still do it all again.

I don't know. After two years together, but living separately, there was no further contact. After a very nice weekend there was no answer to calls and text messages. She was active on Facebook so I know she was ok. There was nothing in our interactions that led me to believe she was ending this. I asked for an explanation, but none came. I could have shown up at her place, but that would have been inappropriate. Still wondering.

He was a liar.

Short version: he cheated and was unwilling and/or incapable of doing the work necessary to repair the relationship.

Boredom

The one before that was because I committed an unforgivable act, I made a lot of money and then lost it all, somethings a woman can't forgive. 🙂

After thirty-six years of marriage I came home and caught the boy friend leaving!

BillF Level 7 Feb 13, 2019

She became obsessed with online scammers and con men. Started sending money, and refused to discuss, get help or try to stop. Just became to much stress and crazy..

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:288401
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.