Agnostic.com

2 3

LINK News Qld: Goanna attack leaves men injured

Just another Australian wildlife story

Lilburne 5 Feb 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

All they really need to do is simply get a very long stick and keep pushing it away in the direction THEY want it to go.
I've got a fully grown Sand Goanna that wandered into my front yard years ago during a very dry spell, she has a damaged hind foot and was visibly starving and thirsty so I fed her.
She, Anna the Goanna, has lived here ever since eating snails, mice and other vermin, roams about at her leisure and she will sit beside my Nephew Henry ( 5 years of age) on the lawn and be patted by him for hours.
Goannas do NOT deliberately ATTACK people, their instinct when feeling cornered or threatened is to climb the highest looking thing in their vicinity using the very long and sharp claws on their 'feet' to grip as they climb, that rank idiot needs, in my honest and well educated bushman's opinion, to learn more about the Aussie bush and the animals living in it.
Goannas are the nemesis of snakes, they prey upon them and where you see a goanna you most likely won't see a snake for miles around.

All that for some pea foul.

Bloody rank Idiot in my opinion, deserved to get clawed because the goanna was only trying to escape from what it determined, quite rightly, was a threatening Predator anyway.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:288686
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.