Agnostic.com

7 10

LINK Judge sentences 'serial child molester' Hastert to 15 months

What the title omits, Hastert is a Republican. He was the longest-serving Republican Speaker of the House in history, and is currently the highest-ranking holder of a political office in U.S. history to have served a prison sentence.

HippieChick58 9 Feb 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

At the time this occurred, 2016, the facts bore out that not only was the statute of limitations expired, the co-conspiriters in the molestations were also let off with no ill effects. Members of his coaching staff all denied they knew, but it was an open secret. What caused his downfall was the cover up after the fact when he tried to cover up payments to maintain a facade of respectability.

U know where I am standing w this . Death . I have no other words for that piece of shit and similar .

He was prosecuted for banking charges not for molestation charges.

Depending on the State it might be past the Statute of Limitations. Or perhaps he'll face futher prosecution. Depends on whether a case has been built or not.

It's a catchy headline but this case was about Bank fraud not molestation.

As it should be..

Amazing ..he received only 15 months? It is definitely his Republican Party connections and political influence that enabled him to have a shorter sentence! Maybe his Evangelical Christian Conservative beliefs helped Rep. Hastert!

I know several adults who, as children were molested. Profoundly destroyed lives. 15 Months? Should be 15 years minimum.

Sounds like he needs a refresher course in prison.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:292763
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.