Agnostic.com

7 3

Hello! I am new here. I am a 61 year old man living in Washington state. I am wondering if I am the only person that feels like I have never been truly in love. I have been married twice totalling 27 years. I have been in several other relationships but I can't say I know what it feel like to be silly in love, especially after the sex gets routine . How have you all experienced that part of life...

howtom 3 Feb 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

But looking at gender fluidity and agency we have to be open to being open about love. The same way we should be open about what makes a woman. These opportunities are for the taking and as far as sex. . . I think in terms of sensuality and eroticism. . The veils are lifted and being in strong "care","affection", or lust Works for me

EvaV Level 7 Feb 27, 2018

Since "falling in love" is a male trait, useful for keeping males besotted enough to stick with a critical, independent-thinking female long enough to raise his progeny, you may just be too high in female traits to do this.
Most high IQ creative types are androgyne, with mixed gender traits, often only having serial relationships due to their independent natures that won't obey women.

Studies showed that the only long-term successful hetero relationships were those where the male yields to the female, so androgyne males may be too "female" to do this.

@AncientNight Most people are unaware of this dynamic. I only became of aware of it through my intense research into gender issues, and from being gender fluid and observing it in myself. I had no idea that women were controlling their men, and, like you, thought my ex and I had a partnership..when I had the role of a woman. When the male side of me fell in love with a transwoman, then I realized that women really run the show, and always have! I have too strong a female side for me to obey someone, so I dumped her.

Married once, 3 subsequent relationships I loved 3 maybe all of them, but only fell in love once, at age 40.

I got nuthin.

Take a ticket and get in line - you're not alone but I don't think anyone here has the answer. Your query did bring to mind the Anthony Newley song 'what Kind of Fool Am I'. I think some are meant to find that kind of love and others maybe not.

Anthony Newley huh? Wow that brings back Mike Douglass flashbacks....

Wow, I’m 60 , married twice for approximately 27 years as well. And I have said exactly that on my profile, that I wasn’t sure if I’ve ever known love.

I don't know how you know. Are there words that can really convey emotion that deep and that sustaining? My story is similar to yours; and I often wonder "was it the real thing"? It's almost scary, as though you are faced with the notion that perhaps you're incapable of deep, genuine, abiding love. Can't tell you what the answer is, brother, but you're not alone, your voice in the wilderness is heard and empathized with.

Been in Love - yes.

Staying in love - both parties? Requires work from both people.

I say this as having witnessed that my parents really loved each other their entire lives. (Which just might have ruined me). 😉

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:29647
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.