Agnostic.com

8 7

LINK On this day 1313: Scots forces disguised as cows seize castle from English - The Scotsman

Well, actually a couple of days ago....

History lesson ????????????????

SkotlandSkye 8 Feb 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Amazing how times have changed.

You beat me to it.

A step on the road to Bannockburn and the Treaty of Northampton. Maybe we can celebrate its 700th anniversary in a similar manner.

We got into trouble with the government in 1594 and again in 1624 when the clan was proscribed. Apologies to any members of Clan Colqhoun who may be reading.

On this day 1313: The term "HOLY COW " was created by the English

Thanks for sharing! I wouldn't be surprised if my ancestors were involved. After all, they were entrusted with Bruce's heart when he died, with the request they return it to his homeland. (Bad idea!)

I'm of Scottish ancestry and btw my father's name was Robert Bruce. Probably just a coincidence tho. ?

This is historically interesting. But it made me really laugh. I mean cows don't stand up to pee. That should have been a huge hint maybe those are not truly cows.

They were celebrating so I'm sure they were three sheets to the wind, anything would have looked like a cow. Plus their cows are smaller, closer to man size.

Moo

godef Level 7 Feb 23, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:296542
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.