Agnostic.com

4 3

LINK Liberals and Conservatives Are Both Susceptible to Fake News, but for Different Reasons - Scientific American Blog Network

Humans are motivated reasoners. When we see a news article that confirms something we think to be true or we want to be true, we quickly "like" it and then share it vehemently on Facebook. Take this news story, for instance, which declares that "Cheese protects you from all causes of death, says science."* Most cheese lovers probably didn't look too deeply into the scientific literature before they shared it among their friends.

HippieChick58 9 Feb 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Believe it or Not? ....

LOL, no I don't believe it. As much as it is intriguing, I don't believe it for a minute.

@HippieChick58 I'll have to try harder?

We are all somewhat susceptible to news which appears to confirm our beliefs. That is simply human nature.

It's due to, in large part, by the polarization brought to you by the Rethuglican and rightwing hate radio..

Many do not know how to check for or verify what they are exposed to and then just advance it to their friends as fact.Sad that we must do this with everything these days because it also is very time consuming.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:297402
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.