Agnostic.com

67 20

How is revenge best served...?

I'm hungry now so I'm thinking about with cheese...

But really, my dad once told me that the best revenge you could ever have is building yourself up and succeeding at your goals.

I don't have too many nuggets of wisdom that came from him but that seemed to stick.

silvereyes 8 Feb 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

67 comments (51 - 67)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Cold, is this Shakespeare ?

cheese is good, but Cheese Dip is better. little smothered bites, smiling in between, and don't forget the forking.

vindictive velveeta vengence.

and a nice chianti....now it's atmosphere, sunny and warm or sunny and cold? people? certainly the dog. and maybe this

I don't mess with revenge. There's no point as far as I'm concerned. If someone does something to me that's worthy of revenge, I'd just as soon forget them and not let them take up that much space in my consciousness. Fuck 'em. They aren't worth my attention.

I agree.

What’s a matter with you? Don’t you watch movies? ‘Revenge is a dish best served cold.’

The best revenge is living well.

Living well is the best revenge. - George Herbert.
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women. - Conan the Barbarian

Not at all. Living well is the best revenge and all.

Which kind of cheese exactly?

I give a bearded leer then walk away. Their imagination does the rest.

Revenge never really works out for the one seeking it, unless you believe that the best revenge is living well.

The best revenge is to go on with your life and be happy. If you are working day and night for success only to get revenge on someone, that's not very inspiring .

Subtle revenge is the best because you can instill it secretly and just watch and observe while he or she squirms or knee-jerks or just whatever it is they do... while you are getting your revenge...

Cheese, you say? I can see me exacting my revenge with a healthy dose of cheesy puns.

Truly, though, I agree with your dad. Build yourself up. The best revenge is a life well-lived despite the troubles caused by the one who has caused you to want revenge.

Revenge is best served rare(ly)🙂

That is a very good one. I find when offended the best thing I could do is hold my temper and present a calm collected response or none at all. It just drives the offender crazy.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:30031
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.