Agnostic.com

4 1

Creationism flaws, which one is worse?

• 1 vote
  • 1 vote
  • 0 votes
missgi 5 Mar 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Approached from a Judeo/Christian perspective. There are dozens of creation myths. some much more interesting than the biblical one.

none of those questions is relevant since there is no god, and adam and eve are equally mythological. the bible doesn't have to be disproven, any more than god does. it is, for the most part (there may have been a king david, after all) so patently a fantasy that it no more needs disproving than alice's adventures in wonderland. but number three, as disproof or even as a question, is ridiculous too. the two things have nothing to do with one another. any creationist can blow that one to bits. number two they will explain by eve's being punished for offering adam the apple, which happened AFTER the rib incident. image can be a general thing; gender need not be an issue. nope, none of those three questions would phase a creationist, nor should they.

g

There are many flaws in creationism, none of those are important enough to consider.

The logic of creationism is that nothing can exist without a creator, but nothing created their creator.

On the fourth day god made the sun; how did four days pass with no sun.

Plants existed before the sun.

God created man and woman, later in Genesis he took a rib from Adam and made Eve.

A just and loving god punishes all humans with death for one human's disobedience.

There are more, but that's enough for me.

JimG Level 8 Mar 6, 2019

I chose the first one you had listed. I still find all of them absurd. The longer I live the worse all religion looks to me. 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:305007
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.