Agnostic.com

4 6

LINK In scathing ruling, judge rips insurer for putting 'bottom line' over patients' health - CNN

This!! This is so important to me, I work in health care and have been a consumer of course for years. I've dealt with socialized medicine (military coverage) and private insurers. I have been saying for years that insurance companies are out to protect their bottom line well above your health. I am thankful that I now work for a Not For Profit hospital rather than an insurance company.

HippieChick58 9 Mar 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As someone said years ago, and l am paraphrasing, "In America, whatever the question is, the answer is, follow the money."

So many people, when discussing universal health care, will say, "I don't want the government deciding whether I can be treated or not". My comeback is always, "so you're okay with the insurance companies deciding what treatments you can have"?

Oh!! You hit that nail so squarely on the head!!!! Thank you!!

For profit, no less.

All the more reason for a universal system of basic health care, with compulsory contributions adjusted for circumstances - as in most of Europe.

and Canada.

I hope this fundamentally changes what health insurers do.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:305839
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.