Agnostic.com

14 4

What is one of your best childhood memories?

When I was little my grandparents had a condo with a really long hallway from the entry way to the rooms in the back. I can remember running as fast as I could to get to the back bedroom and superman myself onto the bed.

SteveB 7 Nov 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Swinging and playing in water. I also spent alot of time in the garden with my Grandpa. He had trained parakeets and I loved them all. He taught them to swear, which really droive Grandma mad, hee-hee!

I was 12 years old, it was 1993, and my brother had tickets to see Van Halen. Since he was older by 7 years and driving, he was used to asking friends closer to him in age. But for whatever reason, he couldn't find a taker for the extra ticket.

So one night, he called me to the kitchen. "Hey Mike! Come here!" So I go to the kitchen. He's talking with mom at the table. He asks me "How would you like to see Van Halen?"

I was so giddy I couldn't keep my feet on the floor. Sure, it was Sammy Hagar singing, but it was probably the greatest event of my life.

Getting up real early on a Saturday morning and going fishing with my father and grandpa in beautiful Long Island Sound in a rented row boat and our 10 hp evinrude outboard motor.Diging for the bait the day before was also fun

Too hard to choose but here's one:
Riding on the back of my grandpa's truck with some beef jerky and a real coke in the blistering Texas border heat on the way to ride horses.

@SteveB yes it really was. Seems like a dream to me now.

what we did then riding like that would've gotten him a call from CPS LOL
That & I wouldn't know where to find great beef jerky like it was then.

Probably searching for bigfoot. But that's a story for another day.

This subject needs a whole new thread on a different silly day.

Pretty much everything.

Building a lean-to for my GI-Joes in the garden with the ragweeds we grew so well.

Each year when I was a child my father had to attend a church conference in a cooler part of the country where blackberries grew, and my sisters and I would spend a full week picking and eating those blackberries, Yum.

nothing like standing outside picking and eating berries of any kind. I had a great dane that like to graze raspberries with me

When I was about 8 the county rebuilt the road across the valley below our farm; to do so they stopped the hillside on our side to bedrock. In that rock I discover massive fossil beds, the happiness moment that lead to hundreds more digging fossils.

that is so cool. i would have been out there every chance I had

@btroje I was, great place just to disappear for the day.

falling asleep peacefully next to a window that used to be by my bedside

When I was 9 years old a friend of my mother offered to accompany my two sisters and I around at the worlds fair. We were told to meet him at a specific point. We never found him among the throngs of people there, which caused alarm and fear to me and my younger sister who was 9 years old at the time. My older sister calmly asked each of us how much money we had. We pooled our money and she managed to get us to the downtown area where we caught a bus home. Later my mother's friend chided us for not meeting him at the worlds fair. We told him we never saw him among the many people. My older sister who I never much cared for was 11 years old at the time earned my admiration and respect from that experience.

SamL Level 7 Nov 8, 2017

Summers spent with my grandmother. We watched soap operas together, I roller skated on the street in front of her house, took naps on her screened in porch, and the food was always fantastic. Would love to have another day like those.

One of our neighbors was very eccentric. SHe had a pigeon living free in the house. We would take Pidge outside, throw her in the air and she would return to us. Once she didnt. About a year later I was by the local church with hundreds of pigeons walking on the ground around me. SOmehow I recognized Pidge, picked her up and took her back home

Hellbent that was what made it stand out

Victoria this is a 55 year old memory. As I recall things went back to our usuall life with Pidge

That's amazing!

Junior High -- I built an ornithopter from plans in a magazine and flew it around the living room. My mom didn't impress easily, but that got a wow out of her.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3083
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.