Agnostic.com

55 19

Professionals near me advertise their religious beliefs. To what extent would you find this annoying?

Dentist websites in Oklahoma...

They like to include in their bio about their religious beliefs. The missions they go on. Some even have prior degrees in theology... or went to Christian Universities. They wear it like a badge of honor.

I just want to know they have proper and extensive dental training! But, so many of them do it. Even my vet has crosses on their walls.

Would this irritate you? Or, would you shrug it off?

silvereyes 8 Mar 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

55 comments (51 - 55)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is annoying. It perpetuates the idea that only religious people are trustworthy and honest.

That's bizarre, and must be off-putting for some patients. Even at the vets - after all, everyone knows all cats are Jewish, which is why you never see pork catfood in the shops. 😉

Jnei Level 8 Mar 1, 2018

That is a red flag for me.

I don't care if they advertise their religion honestly, but I do Westin why they are doing it. I assume they think it will bring them more business, ether because it will bring others if the faith or it will cause others to think they are trustworthy. That last part is scary to me since I don't think there is a correlation between religion and trustworthynesd, but many people think there is. I get worried they are exploiting that fact.

JeffB Level 6 Mar 1, 2018

They are doing exactly that. Anytime a conman wants to seal the deal they fall back on that good old Christian title.

I wouldn't care so long as they didn't treat me differently. i don't think your personal beliefs should be on any professional literature though.

I'd feel awfully uncomfortable with that level of religiosity and on-the-sleeve expression.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:30893
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.