Agnostic.com

54 7

If religion never existed... (finish the line)

Finish the line: If religion never existed...

Here is mine:
all businesses would be open on Sunday.

silvereyes 8 Nov 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

54 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Tolerance acroos the board might truly be a reality.

If religion never existed...there would be a lot less hate in the world today. Saints and sinners alike have used religion as a means of dividing groups of people. Religious beliefs have resulted in the most deaths in recorded history.

There would still be problems in the world, but I have zero doubt there would be fewer more divisive ones.

We would be 2000 years ahead of ourselves in scientific inquiry and creating an equitable social environment in which all might thrive.

Well, isn't that a pretty simple question... maybe not.

We know that Religion, definitely not Christianity, was the hub of activity in the first known settlements of people. Perhaps they got together for trade or other reasons but religion left a mark. It left buildings, statues and monuments. They built temples and people came from great distances (for the time) to visit these religious settlements. One could be said that religion was a driver for social activity in early mankind. What would have happened if it didn't occur? We might have developed civilization very differently. Was it religion that inspired war? Probably not. We are too aggressive by our own nature and war is part of a tribal survival technique. We surely would have different reasons for war. Perhaps, we would still be fighting tribal wars where we only would side with our own tribe. Never finding common ground outside of our tribe that religion could give us.

Maybe we're nearly at the same point but we got here differently. At first, developing slowly because of our diversity but without the chains of religion we grow exponentially. War slowly getting eliminated and in order to provide security we group together. No Dark Ages. Logic providing a basis for fighting famine and plague. We might be in a better position to move forward but essentially at the same place.

I wouldn't have had to join a website specifically geared towards people who don't believe in order to find someone I may actually have a chance at being with longer than a year.

...our world would look the same as it does now. It wouldn't be some grand utopia, nor would it be some chaotic dystopia. It'd just be full of people stumbling through life trying to get by, same as it is now.

Women would be in charge! LOL

there would be fewer wars

Humanity would be at least a thousand years more advanced.

The world would be a far better place...

there wouldn't be anyway to control people~

i wouldnt be a "bad person"

The world, as a whole, would be 1500 years more advanced in science.

who would own all the prime real estate around the world?

Ahhh chick-fil-a nuggets would be available on Sundays for my whining spawn ????

we'd still find something to complain about

lol... true

humanity would never have made any advances, as before science, the men in silly hats helped focus our collective energies for the greater good. Now science has taken over hopefully it will operate for the greater good rather than stone cold logic [in which it could see the lack of use for homo sapiens on earth]

Humankind would probably have reached the stars by now.

... I wouldn't be who I am.

… I wouldn't have felt so guilty as a teenager masturbating Sunday mornings before church.

At least you didn't do it in th bathroom at church... or have fun with the ladies at church in the church (well, an empty classroom, lockins, the woods out back, etc.). If there's a Hell and you're headed there, I'm definitely going to be there.

The poor would have money in their pockets to buy something to eat. There would be no shame. More people would spend more time living instead of fearing death.

SamL Level 7 Nov 8, 2017

We'd have one less reason to kill each other.

We would be a thousand years ahead of where we are now in the sciences.

... there would be no wars.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3101
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.