Agnostic.com

54 7

If religion never existed... (finish the line)

Finish the line: If religion never existed...

Here is mine:
all businesses would be open on Sunday.

silvereyes 8 Nov 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

54 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

World peace might actually be achievable!

I would have saved ten years of my life I spent on a wild goose chase

Someone would try to make science a religion lol. Some people need to believe in external locus of control. I wish humans could get past that. we would be more advanced, and perhaps the earth would be less overpopulated, and less polluted.

I'd have a lot less guilt weighing me down than I do. Especially when it comes to sexuality. I was raised Catholic. Need I say more?

if religion never existed the world would be a peaceful place to live.

The Crusades and Inquisition would not have happened. People would find it more difficult to disown family members and drop friends and label others "bad".

SKH78 Level 8 Dec 21, 2017

The world would be a better place.

There would be a lot more money to feed people as we'd not waste money on brick and mortar buildings.

If religion never existed...there would be a lot less hate in the world today. Saints and sinners alike have used religion as a means of dividing groups of people. Religious beliefs have resulted in the most deaths in recorded history.

There would still be problems in the world, but I have zero doubt there would be fewer more divisive ones.

the world would be a better place and we might actually have peace and harmony with logic and reason progressing man forward. I can dream of a secular society.

Oh, and schizophrenics wouldn't have a place to hang out on Sundays........

... love still would

The world would b a better place

...progress wouldn’t have been halted for so long

The Middle East's early advancements in math and science would have progressed uninterrupted by a repressive theocracy and Europe's Galileo, Copernicus and others would have perhaps contributed more to those same advancements. ( ok, I'll stop now . . This is my 3rd post to this question but the question started a fire in me . . .:>😉

Stem cell research would have been 10 years ahead of where it is now and, as a result, some of my family members might still be alive.

I wouldnt be on this site

...some government would make one up. Religion and politics are two sides of a coin

If religion never existed chances are the Human Race would have already discovered a way to travel between the stars and beyond.

We'd have nothing to talk about.

Your asking the wrong question. The question should be, why does religion exist and why the fuck is it filled with fuck ups?

I donot know, it would have been boring. It was our first attempt to explore things 😀. Other than blood-bathed history, it also gave us good books like kamasutra!!

In general terms, the world would be a much better place, but we would be deprived of some magnificent art and music.

My point is that much of the music would not even exist without the religious theme (even if written by non-believers).

Someone would invent it in order to control the masses and make money.

Well, isn't that a pretty simple question... maybe not.

We know that Religion, definitely not Christianity, was the hub of activity in the first known settlements of people. Perhaps they got together for trade or other reasons but religion left a mark. It left buildings, statues and monuments. They built temples and people came from great distances (for the time) to visit these religious settlements. One could be said that religion was a driver for social activity in early mankind. What would have happened if it didn't occur? We might have developed civilization very differently. Was it religion that inspired war? Probably not. We are too aggressive by our own nature and war is part of a tribal survival technique. We surely would have different reasons for war. Perhaps, we would still be fighting tribal wars where we only would side with our own tribe. Never finding common ground outside of our tribe that religion could give us.

Maybe we're nearly at the same point but we got here differently. At first, developing slowly because of our diversity but without the chains of religion we grow exponentially. War slowly getting eliminated and in order to provide security we group together. No Dark Ages. Logic providing a basis for fighting famine and plague. We might be in a better position to move forward but essentially at the same place.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3101
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.