Agnostic.com

6 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The oil industry is still spending millions to suppress the technology to the extent that there's actually been a reversal in some places.

SamL Level 7 Nov 9, 2017

Yeah, as there i sa finite amount of oil on the planet, the oil industry wants dependence to still be high when oil becomes hard to get, so they can really rake in profits.

The power companies here in Australia are already lobbying governments to put up barriers to solar and wind renewable energy because they are feeling the effects on their bottom lines. The city I live in has a nearly 50% uptake of solar on household roofs.

I think it is in the interest of every nation to move to a non centralized power grid. It is unfortunate, but power companies will lose business. In the future I expect they will be used more to redistribute power where it is needed. It is unlikely they will move into that role willingly, as it would mean much lower profits.

The billions are being made in China, they manufacture more solar panels than any other country by a long shot. Buy buy billions!

That's cool (so to say). That's just the health care costs. I'm sure it has/is saving even more. Sea water rise, strengths of storms, etc.

That is real science, not greed driven false propaganda!

Clean energy already providing benefits...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3121
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.